Post Standard on Carter-Williams... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Post Standard on Carter-Williams...

I still want somebody, (at the store the school or MCW) to say whenther that is or is not him. I'm not convinced, looking at the photos that it is. If it isn't, this goes away. If it is, or might be, it doesn't.

One other comment: some where saying that if this person paid for the merchandise before leaving the store, there was no crime. That escalator isn't in the store.

I still want somebody, (at the store the school or MCW) to say whenther that is or is not him. I'm not convinced, looking at the photos that it is. If it isn't, this goes away. If it is, or might be, it doesn't.
I feel the same way. The reason that this story spread so fast is because of the picture. If there was no picture, the "national" media (The Big Lead and others) would have absolutely nothing to go with and it would have went away.

One other comment: some where saying that if this person paid for the merchandise before leaving the store, there was no crime. That escalator isn't in the store.

Unfortunately, I think that that is him...but we really need this to go away, not another season of craziness...damn

MCW brought this upon himself -- whatever the fallout may be (if any) stems from a lack of sound judgment on his part.

He corroborated the fact that he was involved in some type of incident. End of story. Move on, people. He didn't get arrested but he may (or may not) have some type of repercussion from SU judicial board or JB. Nothing else really to say.

MCW brought this upon himself -- whatever the fallout may be (if any) stems from a lack of sound judgment on his part.

He corroborated the fact that he was involved in some type of incident. End of story. Move on, people. He didn't get arrested but he may (or may not) have some type of repercussion from SU judicial board or JB. Nothing else really to say.

FOR WHAT?!?! He did not get charged nor arrested. He wsa detained due to some type of mis-communicatio and/or mis-understanding. I would assume that JB and school know the story and what happened and fairly certain they will address if it needs to be addressed. If you know the whole story then pleae enlighten us, if not stop making such moronic comments. GOOD GRIEF!!

Holy crap.

Been avoiding this board & this story for the last 24 hours, and I come back to find The Post-Standard actually enacted my sarcasm & turned it into reality:

http://syracusefan.com/threads/mike-lindsley-is-reporting-the-mcw-story.38747/page-3#post-444973

breaking news: allegedly, someone was not charged with a crime
I had thought that I made that as ridiculing and densely sarcastic as I possibly could ... but once again the media outdoes itself, showing us they have no limit to their sense of satire when behaving as a parody of themselves.

FOR WHAT?!?! He did not get charged nor arrested. He wsa detained due to some type of mis-communicatio and/or mis-understanding. I would assume that JB and school know the story and what happened and fairly certain they will address if it needs to be addressed. If you know the whole story then pleae enlighten us, if not stop making such moronic comments. GOOD GRIEF!!
The student judicial board or whatever they're called -- they have been known to hand down penalties for even the perception of misconduct. My guess is he would be put on some type of probation (if anything comes of it).

The student judicial board or whatever they're called -- they have been known to hand down penalties for even the perception of misconduct. My guess is he would be put on some type of probation (if anything comes of it).
If the store isn't cooperating, nothing will happen. Lord & Taylor clearly wants the issue to go away.

So you're implying that L&T is afraid that redneck SU fans will vandalize or boycott the store?

Naw, I think he's referring to this: "He told me to call the Lord and Taylor PR department in New York City. “They know about it,” he said. I called them, got bounced around to four different departments and then someone (he said his name quickly, last name might have been Owens; he wouldn’t repeat it) said he couldn’t talk about it and essentially hung up on me."

Without assuming anything, what is the actual jurisdiction of the SU Judicial Board? Lets say for sake of argument there was an incident, but no charge, police report, or arrest involved. And obviously not on campus. Can SU Judicial board do anything? If they can, something is wrong with the system for the SU judicial board. (I'm not implying someone should get away with any crime by saying this by the way.)

Naw, I think he's referring to this: "He told me to call the Lord and Taylor PR department in New York City. “They know about it,” he said. I called them, got bounced around to four different departments and then someone (he said his name quickly, last name might have been Owens; he wouldn’t repeat it) said he couldn’t talk about it and essentially hung up on me."
That is correct. It's the busiest season of the year for shopping. It's understandable that they wouldn't want to be in the headlines for the wrong reasons.

Again...FOR WHAT?!?! Officially and even by perception NOTHING HAPPENED!! All there is a pic of someone who may/may not look like MCW, a store that refuses to say anything about an incident (if it even occurred), some hack reporting, the school saying no commment, MCW basically saying no comment, nothing from SPD, etc. So, if there is nothing then how would the student board have any right to impose any type of punishment??!? Again, as I said prior...until either someone who has stake in this officially comes out and says something, MCW was not involved. Last time I checked we don't speak French. Apparently this in session:

KC-logo-new.jpg

A Kid was scolded. It would be like a group of under 21 year olds drinking at a frat party and asked to leave.

Thets grow up and get over it. Imo we should delete every thread on the matter because that is what we and the store want to happen with it.

got bounced around to four different departments and then someone (he said his name quickly, last name might have been Owens; he wouldn’t repeat it) said he couldn’t talk about it and essentially hung up on me."

That is the money quote. Some may say no comment, but if this PR guy did in fact say "he couldn't talk about it", it means someone directed him not to talk about it and something happened. If it was a misunderstanding, why not just say that. Or if nothing happened, why not say that? Strange way of saying no comment IMO.

That is the money quote. Some may say no comment, but if this PR guy did in fact say "he couldn't talk about it", it means someone directed him not to talk about it and something happened. If it was a misunderstanding, why not just say that. Or if nothing happened, why not say that? Strange way of saying no comment IMO.
quote means nothing. The guy might have said just about anything to get off the phone. One thing I know, someone in the P.R. dept of L &T in NYC would probably not know a thing about someone being detained in a Syracuse store. MCW is big news in Syracuse but not in NYC. The P.R. guy in NYC would not, and probably under firm guidelines could not, talk about anyone just detained in a store anywhere. Think about it. No charges were filed. There would be no basis to make the issue public if charges weren't filed.

The "misunderstanding" took place on Sunday. The call to NYC took place on Monday afternoon. Do you really think the PR department for Lord & Taylor didn't find out about this in the age of the Internet? It doesn't take much to set up a Google Alert for your own company. If someone is talking about their company on the web, they know about it. Isn't that PR?

Boneyard has been pretty comical

Wow I love the scandal that has been surrounding Syracuse basketball as of late! Oh wait, the NCAA ACC censors the media based on which schools they love.
Fixed

quote means nothing. The guy might have said just about anything to get off the phone. One thing I know, someone in the P.R. dept of L &T in NYC would probably not know a thing about someone being detained in a Syracuse store. MCW is big news in Syracuse but not in NYC. The P.R. guy in NYC would not, and probably under firm guidelines could not, talk about anyone just detained in a store anywhere. Think about it. No charges were filed. There would be no basis to make the issue public if charges weren't filed.

Eh. It mesans something. The other guy who was worried about being recorded also said "I can’t answer anything, I’ll get in trouble" Why would he say he'd get in trouble? He even told the interviewer to call PR because they knew about it. Knew about what? Try reading that article as if the player was on some other team.

Eh. It mesans something. The other guy who was worried about being recorded also said "I can’t answer anything, I’ll get in trouble" Why would he say he'd get in trouble? He even told the interviewer to call PR because they knew about it. Knew about what? Try reading that article as if the player was on some other team.
I don't need to. I know major corps and how they act. I have ran them. But thanks for the advice.

So you're assuming that whatever the guy knew was bad for MCW and not bad for Lord & Taylor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom