Post Your Golf Equipment! Pics, or lists. | Syracusefan.com

Post Your Golf Equipment! Pics, or lists.

jordoo

Living Legend
OK this is basically an excuse to post pics of my clubs which got a good response in a couple other threads. I am interested in what people have, what they play, what they wish they never got rid of, whatever the case may be.

Here is my set of MacGregor Customs:
IMG_4021x2.jpg

Ping G15 Driver
Ping G15 3 Wood
Some off brand (Bazooka?) 3 hybrid
4 - SW Ping Eye 2 - Green Dot - ZZ Lite shafts. (I've purchased other sets, but always go back to these.)
Ping putter. (Don't remember the model.)

White grips? You're a god damned pimp jordoo. I have a TM RAC ironsfrim 60 thrust 3. I use a calloway steelhead 3wood (old as shunt but ill put it past most peoples drives), Nike v steel 5 wood, r9 driver and a TM nubbins putter.

Ping Eye 2 are great clubs my grandfather could never get away from them either. I'd be interested in knowing which ping putter you have. I flung my Ping Pal 2 into the woods when I was 15 and it disappeared. I looked there every time I played and it was just gone even though I watched it land in a certain bush under a certain tree. :(

Right now I'm playing:
Driver: Infinity 9d 385cc ProForce75 S w/Stiff Tip
4W: Infinity 18d ProForce75 S w/Stiff Tip
2i: 19d Peerless PHD Tour TTDG R300 (tip trimmed to stiffen and lower launch angle)
3i: 22d MacGregor CF4000 Tourney M2 TTDG S300
4i: 25d MacGregor CF4000 Tourney M2 TTDG S300
5i: 28.5d MacGregor CF4000 Tourney M2 TTDG S300
6i: 32d MacGregor CF4000 Tourney M2 TTDG S300
7i: 36d MacGregor CF4000 Tourney M2 TTDG S300
8i: 40d MacGregor CF4000 Tourney M2 TTDG S300
9i: 45d MacGregor CF4000 Tourney M2 TTDG S300
11i: 49d MacGregor CF4000 Tourney M2 TTDG S300
SW: 54d Excalibur Signature Series Raw Tour Grind TTDG Wedge (Soft Carbon Finish, made to rust)
LW: 60d Golden Bear Milled Face Tour Spin TTDG S300
Putter: Nicklaus 207 Brass (basically just like the original Answer)
IMG_3840x2.jpg

IMG_3839x2.jpg

Another Picture of the Irons's that are currently in the bag.

Dafuq is an 11 iron. You're new nickname is Patton with your ivory grips.

White grips? You're a god damned pimp jordoo. I have a TM RAC ironsfrim 60 thrust 3. I use a calloway steelhead 3wood (old as shunt but ill put it past most peoples drives), Nike v steel 5 wood, r9 driver and a TM nubbins putter.

LOL, If you shop EBay you can get 25 of the White Black Widow Tour Silk grips for about $25.00 which includes shipping. They get dirty pretty quickly but they feel great and are holding up thus far. I have them on both my sets of playable classic MacGregor's right now. I'm not currently playing the Customs although I did for a year and a half and if you look at the way the light reflects off the face you can see its slighty dimmer on the sweet spot especially with the higher lofted clubs. The sweet spot on those are slightly off center toward the heel which when you line up the very low profile 2 or 3 iron makes it look like you have nothing to hit the ball with. That's the one thing I don't like about that set.

The steelhead's are still some of the best metal woods around. I loved the shape of the sole plate how it dipped down in the middle and you could really get after the ball out of the rough with them.

Dafuq is an 11 iron. You're new nickname is Patton with your ivory grips.

IMG_3837x2.jpg

These clubs are circa 1964 and back then most MacGregor putters were marked "10" so if you got a PW with your set it was the "11" as pictured far right. Remember back then the 9i was 45 degrees so I think the "11" was optional/additional if you wanted one which is why you don't see many around.

Patton :rolleyes:

View attachment 3898

These clubs are circa 1964 and back then most MacGregor putters were marked "10" so if you got a PW with your set it was the "11" as pictured far right. Remember back then the 9i was 45 degrees so I think the "11" was optional/additional if you wanted one which is why you don't see many around.

Patton :rolleyes:

Edit: The first set "Customs" are from the early 80's I think (hard to date actual customs because they are just that custom built for some dude) and they have a "10" as pictured rather than an "11" although the Colokrom style Wing Backs they are patterned after would have had an 11 not a 10.

Ok edowd26, I'll post some pics of my classic putter collection one of which is a MacGregor "10"

IMG_4034x2.jpg

LOL, If you shop EBay you can get 25 of the White Black Widow Tour Silk grips for about $25.00 which includes shipping. They get dirty pretty quickly but they feel great and are holding up thus far. I have them on both my sets of playable classic MacGregor's right now. I'm not currently playing the Customs although I did for a year and a half and if you look at the way the light reflects off the face you can see its slighty dimmer on the sweet spot especially with the higher lofted clubs. The sweet spot on those are slightly off center toward the heel which when you line up the very low profile 2 or 3 iron makes it look like you have nothing to hit the ball with. That's the one thing I don't like about that set.

The steelhead's are still some of the best metal woods around. I loved the shape of the sole plate how it dipped down in the middle and you could really get after the ball out of the rough with them.
Are you a stick? Whats your cap?

Are you a stick? Whats your cap?

LOL, none right now but not in a good way. Years ago before I met my wife and played 5-6 times a week I shot legit high 70's from the tips on very tough courses regularly and once in a while I'd shoot under 75. Then I met my wife and could no long er work at golf courses so I could golf for free. Got a real job, bought a house, had three kids . . . .you know the story. Anyways played about 5-7 times a year and still shot low/mid 80's doing that but being a long hitter gets you into loads of trouble when you are out of practice. I played my first 2 round of golf in 2 years this month because I had back surgery. That is why I'm so excited about golf right now. I shot 90 Sunday 42 out but faded big time down the stretch and came in at 48. I was actually very pleased with how I hit the ball until the last 4 holes. Also I had for sure 6 strokes on and around the greens that I would never have if my short game was tuned up (which it will be soon) It could have been worse than that if I didn't chip in after putting off the green after reaching in regulation on a par 4, pretty sure I have never had a 1 put chip in par before.

If I play enough this year I'd expect to be shooting around 80 again. (legit no mullies, as it lies and all) I plan on trying to play twice a month and practice over other weekend which I'm not playing. Putting stroke is still good just need to find my speed and feel. Chipping and pitching were horrid so that will be the big improvement along with finding the fairway with the driver again which is just long and wrong right now.

LOL, none right now but not in a good way. Years ago before I met my wife and played 5-6 times a week I shot legit high 70's from the tips on very tough courses regularly and once in a while I'd shoot under 75. Then I met my wife and could no long er work at golf courses so I could golf for free. Got a real job, bought a house, had three kids . . . .you know the story. Anyways played about 5-7 times a year and still shot low/mid 80's doing that but being a long hitter gets you into loads of trouble when you are out of practice. I played my first 2 round of golf in 2 years this month because I had back surgery. That is why I'm so excited about golf right now. I shot 90 Sunday 42 out but faded big time down the stretch and came in at 48. I was actually very pleased with how I hit the ball until the last 4 holes. Also I had for sure 6 strokes on and around the greens that I would never have if my short game was tuned up (which it will be soon) It could have been worse than that if I didn't chip in after putting off the green after reaching in regulation on a par 4, pretty sure I have never had a 1 put chip in par before.
My wife. Has agreed to get my kid involved in golf early (safe sport) so I willvuse him as an excuse to play all the time when. He gets older. I also shot a 90 this weekend, 42 48 as well. Three quad bogeys and a triple. Aside fromvthose four holes I played pretty well. Especial for the conditions. I really need to limit my mistakes. It was the difference between an 80 and a 90. Get out there more bro. Its so much fun when you're playing well.

My wife. Has agreed to get my kid involved in golf early (safe sport) so I willvuse him as an excuse to play all the time when. He gets older. I also shot a 90 this weekend, 42 48 as well. Three quad bogeys and a triple. Aside fromvthose four holes I played pretty well. Especial for the conditions. I really need to limit my mistakes. It was the difference between an 80 and a 90. Get out there more bro. Its so much fun when you're playing well.

Very true when I played all the time anything worse than bogey meant I had made more than one mistake on the hole and not hit any really good shots either. I believe my attitude and maturity will really help me with course managment now that I'm back at it. I was such a hothead as well as being way too hard on myself in the moment rather than concentrating fully on the next shot. My oldest has no interest but my 6 year old wants me to get her some kids clubs so she can go to the range with daddy. Little man is only 2 so we'll see with him. I am looking forward to going with my Daughter, she does Ok with those plastic whifle clubs, lol.

Thanks for the photos. I was in the golf business for 15 years so I appreciate your treasures. Amazing you held on to them. What's the putter with what looks like an hammer insignia on it? It looks like a pretty thin blade and not sure I have seen that one before.

Driver - Callaway Razr X Fit - Aldila 65 shaft 9.5 loft
3 wood - Callaway Razr X Fit Extreme - Aldila 85 shaft 15 loft
Hybrid - Adams Idea 19 degree
Irons - Taylor Made R11 - KBS Tour 90 stiff shafts (4-PW)
52 Degree - Cleveland R588 RTX
56 Degree - Cleveland R588 RTX
60 Degree - ClevelandR588 RTX
Ping Anser Putter (from 1985) wit ha Slim 1.0 grip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online