Post Your Golf Equipment! Pics, or lists. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Post Your Golf Equipment! Pics, or lists.

Thanks for the photos. I was in the golf business for 15 years so I appreciate your treasures. Amazing you held on to them. What's the putter with what looks like an hammer insignia on it? It looks like a pretty thin blade and not sure I have seen that one before.

Thanks! I didn't hold onto them so much as collected them over the years. The CF4000's are 12 years older than me, but they are still money in the bank if you can put a good swing on the sweet spot.

That putter is a: Blue Ribbon Chromium Matched Models (L Matched NO.2003, is what is on the toe) there is a little hammer on it and an arrow type thing toward the heel. It actually puts very well if you can handle a light putter.

Driver - Callaway Razr X Fit - Aldila 65 shaft 9.5 loft
3 wood - Callaway Razr X Fit Extreme - Aldila 85 shaft 15 loft
Hybrid - Adams Idea 19 degree
Irons - Taylor Made R11 - KBS Tour 90 stiff shafts (4-PW)
52 Degree - Cleveland R588 RTX
56 Degree - Cleveland R588 RTX
60 Degree - ClevelandR588 RTX
Ping Anser Putter (from 1985) wit ha Slim 1.0 grip

Do you love your Wedges? My dad is all about his cleveland wedges. They are sweet but I've never gotten myself to pull the trigger on getting some.

Ok here are the only two persimmon clubs I have. I would like to get 1,3,4 MacGregor DX's or MT's at some point.

x2.jpg

Irons: 4-Gap Titleist AP2 (X-100)
Wedges: 56 and 60 degrees Titleist Vokey
Hybrids: 20 degrees Adams A12 Pro (Aldila RIP)
Fairway: Rocketballs 14.5 degree tour version (Stock)
Driver: Ping Anser 9.5 degrees (Diamana 'ahina)
Putter: Odyssey "White Hot"

Irons: 4-Gap Titleist AP2 (X-100)
Wedges: 56 and 60 degrees Titleist Vokey
Hybrids: 20 degrees Adams A12 Pro (Aldila RIP)
Fairway: Rocketballs 14.5 degree tour version (Stock)
Driver: Ping Anser 9.5 degrees (Diamana 'ahina)
Putter: Odyssey "White Hot"

I have been out of the loop on most of the newer stuff especially woods and shafts. I'll have to google search a lot of these. Do you find that they are really much better than the early 2000's? I can't imagine I could hit a driver considerably further than what I have now which is pretty outdated.

Edit: BTW (and I'll probably get a lot of flack over this) I am completely uninterested in these shoehorn clubs or whatever they are. I know they are easy to hit and all techy but they do not appeal to my eye in the least bit. I'm taking all my 2 and 3 irons to the grave with me even if I become so old that I cannot hit them anymore.

I have been out of the loop on most of the newer stuff especially woods and shafts. I'll have to google search a lot of these. Do you find that they are really much better than the early 2000's? I can't imagine I could hit a driver considerably further than what I have now which is pretty outdated.

I absolutely hate the new oversized drivers. They look, sound and feel awful imo. I've tried the R11 and now the Anser, and I can't come close to what I was doing with an old school TaylorMade Ti-Bubble.

I switched to the AP2s last year from Ping Eye 2s, which I had been playing for 27 years. Had them custom fitted, etc... Honestly, I think about going back to the Pings all the time.

The true innovations have been in the hybrids and fairway woods. The Adams are really solid, and the fairway woods are essentially substitutes for drivers.

Irons: Taylor Made RAC
Driver: Taylor Made R7
3 Wood: Taylor Made Firesole
5 Wood: Taylor Made Burner
Putter: Ping Zing 2 (I've had this putter for about 16 or 17 years now)

Irons: Taylor Made RAC
Driver: Taylor Made R7
3 Wood: Taylor Made Firesole
5 Wood: Taylor Made Burner
Putter: Ping Zing 2 (I've had this putter for about 16 or 17 years now)
All TMs then a ping? Boo this mannnnnn

All TMs then a ping? Boo this mannnnnn

Ha. Like I said, I've had the Ping since my freshman year of high school. I've become a Taylor Made fan over the years but haven't wanted to replace my putter, even though I'm a terrible putter so maybe I should consider it.

I absolutely hate the new oversized drivers. They look, sound and feel awful imo. I've tried the R11 and now the Anser, and I can't come close to what I was doing with an old school TaylorMade Ti-Bubble.

I switched to the AP2s last year from Ping Eye 2s, which I had been playing for 27 years. Had them custom fitted, etc... Honestly, I think about going back to the Pings all the time.

The true innovations have been in the hybrids and fairway woods. The Adams are really solid, and the fairway woods are essentially substitutes for drivers.

It is amazing how almost any good fairwood 20 degrees or less with a good shaft will go further than anything I had growing up by a long shot. The balls have made a huge difference as well. As for "hybrids" yuck is all I can say. I tease my dad relentlessly about his but I remember him crushing his old forged Taylor Made 1 and 2 irons to every ones envy back in the day. My pops has an adams 3w that he loves.

Ha. Like I said, I've had the Ping since my freshman year of high school. I've become a Taylor Made fan over the years but haven't wanted to replace my putter, even though I'm a terrible putter so maybe I should consider it.

I've never tried a ping putter and not liked it. Of course I stick strictley to blade putters, no mallets or weirdo ones.

I love my Tm nubbins. The shaft has rust on it but I refuse to part with it. Get you one. I am a TM fan as well. Whats everyones favorite golf ball?

I play ProV1x which along with the ProV1 was the best ball when I stopped playing so much. Not sure if that is still the case.

I play ProV1x which along with the ProV1 was the best ball when I stopped playing so much. Not sure if that is still the case.
It has some better company but I still think its the best ball.

Do you love your Wedges? My dad is all about his cleveland wedges. They are sweet but I've never gotten myself to pull the trigger on getting some.

I swear by Cleveland wedges. I just never felt comfortable with the Vokey's.

I play only Titleist. Bridgestone, Taylor Made, Nike...all crap.

Edit: BTW (and I'll probably get a lot of flack over this) I am completely uninterested in these shoehorn clubs or whatever they are. I know they are easy to hit and all techy but they do not appeal to my eye in the least bit. I'm taking all my 2 and 3 irons to the grave with me even if I become so old that I cannot hit them anymore.

If you have a driver that is over 10 years old you will be STUNNED as to how much farther you can hit these drivers today

I swear by Cleveland wedges. I just never felt comfortable with the Vokey's.

The sand wedge I play just showed up in my collection. I'm still not sure where it came from. It was just in the golf bag I keep all the wedges in that I don't play (mainly GW and AW now) I tried it and haven't had a reason to drop it from the bag yet. Who knows, but if I was going to spend money on wedges it would probably be Cleveland. Forget what kind my dad has but I chipped in with one of his Sunday after putting off the green and not having any wedges with me. Crazy Par and highly against the rules so I guess I'm disqualified.

If you have a driver that is over 10 years old you will be STUNNED as to how much farther you can hit these drivers today

That's probably how old mine is. I be surprised though, my swing is way off with the Driver but I was still out there past my Dad's fancy new one. I hit that thing really far when I swing it well and I'm not talking about just down wind, down hill, and lots of roll.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom