Postgame Thoughts… GT | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… GT

Survive and Advance. When we were 9-11 I did not think we had a shot of making the NIT. Now, we have a shot (small) at 20 wins. Yes we are underdogs in all the remaining regular season games.

Current Record 15-12

ND ==> W (40% chance to win)
Duke ==>L (5% chance to win)
UNC ==> W (40% chance to win)
Miami ==> W (40% chance to win)

Reg Season 18 - 13

ACC Tournament IN BROOKLYN

We lose in the semis and go 2-1

Selection Sunday Record 20-14.

Are we Dancing?
Our SOS will be in top 20. 20-14 will get us the dance ticket. However, I think we will finish the season 1-3 or 2-2. Also lucky to have 1-1 on ACC tournament. So there is no chance to NCAA tournament this year.

Our match up is good to beat Notre Dame. Also there is a slim chance to beat Miami. Forget about UNC and Duke. They are ACC royals we can't beat even in our best years.

Let's get him back to 1,000 wins.

Just have to find 3 more.

That's kind of hard to beileve, that he could still get there. I hope he does.

The only reason we won that game is because we didn't turn the ball over. Everything else was bad. But only 4 turnovers saved us. Tech turned it over 14 times.
We got into passing lanes and got some steals out of the zone.

Lack of Symir is beyond bizarre at this point . Even if he was a carbon copy of Buddy/Joe he should be getting 10mpg simply due to the fact that those 2 should be not be playing 35+mpg. But his skill set fits/helps both Buddy and Joe. He honestly should be getting 20mpg. The fact that he barely plays on nights like tonight when the guards can’t shoot is just mind boggling
He’s been better of late. But he’s just not much of an offensive player, and I think that’s why JB doesn't play him as much. We still need the PG to score some. He’s good at getting into the lane, but KR could get to the rim and score over smaller players or pull up for a short jumper.

Absolute ugly grind fest. And we won! I’ll take that every time.

For whatever reason, Jimmy Boeheim’s spin move in the lane back to the left hand, which at time really sets up in an advantage against the defender, to only still try to finish with the right hand no matter what, IS MY biggest pet peeve in college basketball this season. Not only because of it’s extreme ineffectiveness… but it just doesn’t make logical sense. The bro shoots THREE POINTERS (quite well) LEFT HANDED but can’t finish a left handed layup?! Make it make sense people!
ryan reynolds hd GIF

P.S. I never expected in my entire life to see a youngish head basketball coach with 70’s style sideburns passionately holding up a large red card to motivate & communicate to his defense in a division 1 basketball game… but I have tonight. Silly me. Thanks to Josh Pastner for that gem
Both of these comments for the win. Lolz.

He’s been better of late. But he’s just not much of an offensive player, and I think that’s why JB doesn't play him as much. We still need the PG to score some. He’s good at getting into the lane, but KR could get to the rim and score over smaller players or pull up for a short jumper.

We don’t need Sy to be a big scoring threat, because he’s always got 3 other guys on the floor with him who are, and by virtue of him being on the floor, he can get those other guys better looks.

Or, we can just keep doing the Buddy backdown hero-ball Iso thing, with occasional interludes of Jimmay, Joe, and Cole also doing their Iso thing -
all of which then lead to the other 4 guys standing around and watching.

Maybe we ‘can’t’ play Sy for 25 mins a game.
But he deserves a lot more than 5-10, especially given his assist rate while he’s in.

Plus, his D is light years better than Joe or Buddy, and he makes whichever of them is in with him less awful on D.

He told a (student I believe) reporter when he asked “can you tell me about frank and bourama and the center position?” In which Jim replies “we have two centers that will play ...
Then he follows it up with “will there be any change to the starting lineup?”
Jim replies with “please. Please. Please. Do not play that game with me”

Take the winning aside, I do not know who could honestly respect this dude for how he talks to people when they were just doing their job.

He also took a nice jab at the fans saying they were asleep for 34 minutes. Yeah maybe because the game stunk and your son was 0-19 from the field. The fans are why you make $3m a year Jim. He has some serious issues that are very strange
I agree his pressers can be embarrassing. But this was a Jim Calhoun press conference every single night. Heck, most old school Big East coaches’ pressers went something like this most of the time. Thompson and Gary Williams were similar. Massimino and Carnesecca were charming but could also be crusty. And, yes, I know times are different now, but sometimes we forget that JB is from that era. Old dogs and all that.

Last edited:
When he started smiling and telling the person not to ask that question or don’t do this to me, the question was would there be a change at the starting center spot.
So, just say "no" and move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom