Postgame Thoughts… GT | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… GT

I’ve been at the majority of the games this season, and without the student section the crowed would be dead. It actually saddens me as a lifelong Cuse fan that the comments, and overall narrative in this thread is fueled with hatred.

At the end of the day we are all love syracuse, but some of you on this thread are disgustingly disrespectful to the coach, and team that has given all of us so many of our best memories.
I agree with this. Disappointing end to the JB era for sure the past several seasons but it does crack me up that somehow people seem to forget that as they bemoan how bad we are, their expectations come from how good we were for 38 seasons or whatever. I'm not excusing the past several years (though there are many factors at play, not just 'JB's old'), but I also feel the outright anger about it is a bit misplaced.

We won.

AWFUL game. And another game with terrible ball control late. Can’t happen. Got lucky those last possessions, imo.

Brutal game for Buddy especially first half. Great first half from Jimmy then not a whole lot. Lot of subs too (…).

Pastner’s sideburns were on the court even when his feet were off of it.

Again, so happy to see Bourama out there and making plays. Awesome.

Burn that game. Twice.
Torrence should have had that ball in the end Giraud dribbled into double coverage. Why is Torrence in if he didn't have the ball. Terrible offense for that play

Frank was lost in the zone in the 1st half.

He was much better in the second. In fact, I thought we were gaining some control when he got the blocked shot and snared a couple of tough rebounds. But then he committed that dumb foul--his fourth--trying to double team along the sideline. He went out, Bourama came in and immediately got his 4th.

Frank's best skill is his rebounding. If he can improve his defense--more mental than physical, I think--he can give us a decent frontline the rest of the season.

And I really admire how hard Bourama competed tonight.
I didn't think Sidibe would ever play meaningful minutes again for us.

I'm glad I'm wrong and that he's getting this experience at the end of his career!

he literally has to fully come to a complete stop and survey the opponents every time he passes.

if he doesnt, his turnover rate skyrockets

but since he does that the defenders just have a field day with him...and his passing isnt really a weapon.

if hes gonna play he has to take the approach he does

Not even close. I don’t think you even listened to it.
We usually agree on the postgame pressers. He was "smiling," but that "don't play that game with me" stuff was weird. Guy asked him to assess the center position going forward. Not nearly the worst JB's been, but still seemed to take offense for no reason. Also, the mask thing seems to be his new preoccupation.

I was glad Pastner didn’t have to wear that giant face shield he wore last season. But the jumping around on the sideline with the signs was really weird.

To think back to last night— I’ll definitely take any win especially how this year started off (that should be obvious). Props to the guys for grinding it out and finding a way.

Onto the next one. Need the shots to go down at a higher clip, obviously.

Last edited:
Not even close. I don’t think you even listened to it.
Bees. His put down of the kid on Wed vs Thursday, his " Dont even go there"
I listened.

We usually agree on the postgame pressers. He was "smiling," but that "don't play that game with me" stuff was weird. Guy asked him to assess the center position going forward. Not nearly the worst JB's been, but still seemed to take offense for no reason. Also, the mask thing seems to be his new preoccupation.

After last year, he had had enough of second guessing his starting line-up and interpreted the question as a suggestion Bourama should start.

When he started smiling and telling the person not to ask that question or don’t do this to me, the question was would there be a change at the starting center spot.

Bees. His put down of the kid on Wed vs Thursday, his " Dont even go there"
I listened.

Sorry no.

To think back to last night— I’ll definitely take any win especially how this year started off (that should be obvious). Props to the guys for grinding it out and finding a way.

Onto the next one. Need the shots to go down at a higher clip, obviously.

Every dub that Sid gets to experience is a great one. So happy for that kid.

The Buddy iso plays were a disaster tonight. So many forced shots and it was so obvious in person that he was not passing out of them….and then the rest of the team just stands and watches. Really hard to get offensive boards off his shots. Everyone just stops competing.
Buddy is 8th in the country in FGA. At least we can say it correlates some to minutes played (7th in the country). Still, pretty wild.

Torrence should have had that ball in the end Giraud dribbled into double coverage. Why is Torrence in if he didn't have the ball. Terrible offense for that play
You can’t have Torrence with the ball because you don’t want him getting fouled.

Buddy is 8th in the country in FGA. At least we can say it correlates some to minutes played (7th in the country). Still, pretty wild.

We need to get past this, and I’m as guilty as anyone here, because Buddy is the center of the offense and it’s not changing. He’s going to go off the dribble three, back down, etc.

He’s playing like Kobe during those mid aughts, except he isn’t Kobe.

And I’m not really angry with him bc coach made it this way and he’s the shot caller.

But he’s chucking up like 18 shots a game for the rest of the year no matter what.

I'm glad we didn't give this one away.

ND is the game we need to be clicking for. If Buddy can get hot that one can be a blowout for us.

We should really have an ACC record like they do this team has been good in conference.

The Georgetown game is what drives me bonkers they might be the worst team in a major NCAA basketball conference this year and like every year we play them they cared about the game 10x more than our players and won easily. I'm not sure how friendly the bubble will be to ACC teams but we should be on it with 2 fewer losses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom