Postgame Thoughts… Louisville | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
When will we reach the coveted “work to do” status in Boebble Watch articles?

I am thinking either 2/20 after beating BC or 2/22 after beating the Yellow Jackets.
Maybe if we only lose to Dook before the ACCT. Our resume is bad. Five bad losses and one Q1 win.

We need to be 17-11 when Dook comes here to even have a pulse.

Maybe if we only lose to Dook before the ACCT. Our resume is bad. Five bad losses and one Q1 win.

Yeah this is our really only shot to be in the mix again. But then we also have to win that game. We would be top 3 likely in ACC with that record too.

If we keep winning it’s not crazy to say that 3-1 to finish the season against ND, Dook, UNC, Miami could get us a double bye. We’re going to have to win a couple games where we shoot 30% from deep but good teams find a way.

Exciting to have some life.

obviously, this was a very good win. Really needed a laugher not only for the team but I think for the fan base too. One downside however, this is the type of game that you should expect to see Benny relax, perform and be effective. The fact that he couldn’t get anything going this game makes me really concerned about his future.

Those flat shots and those fumbled plays aren’t the result of lack of confidence.

Yeah this is our really only shot to be in the mix again. But then we also have to win that game. We would be top 3 likely in ACC with that record too.
Yupp might as well get the double bye and win three quasi home games in Brooklyn at that point

We need to be 19–12 and win 2 games atleast at ACC tournament to even be on the bubble.

We have a couple decent wins.
Indiana, at Florida State and Wake.

We need to beat Duke, Miami at home and steal one of North Carolina or Notre Dame on the road.

obviously, this was a very good win. Really needed a laugher not only for the team but I think for the fan base too. One downside however, this is the type of game that you should expect to see Benny relax, perform and be effective. The fact that he couldn’t get anything going this game makes me really concerned about his future.

Those flat shots and those fumbled plays aren’t the result of lack of confidence.

This was the first game he has really had a chance to just play and he couldn't. His struggles are very similar to Jalen Carey's.

We need to be 19–12 and win 2 games atleast at ACC tournament to even be on the bubble.

We have a couple decent wins.
Indiana, at Florida State and Wake.

We need to beat Duke, Miami at home and steal one of North Carolina or Notre Dame on the road.

I think we need all four of those. We have given away too many games we needed to just get a chunk of those games. Gotta get them all.

I agree especially against a terrible team. He had multiple chances today up 30 to put in some work. Fumbled a couple passes that should be catchable and the lead to big dunks. He did have his normal jumper go in and out. Had a nice drive and dish to Frank but in extended non pressure minutes I expected more.

I think we need all four of those. We have given away too many games we needed to just get a chunk of those games. Gotta get them all.
While i see what you are saying. I think 19-12, 13-7 likely gets us into the top 4 and I think getting to a ACCT final and 21-13 would get us in.

I'm no Joe Lunardi but I think you are right. If we had gotten 3 out of Colgate, VCU, Georgetown and at Pitt, I'd feel a lot better. But we didn't.

While i see what you are saying. I think 19-12, 13-7 likely gets us into the top 4 and I think getting to a ACCT final and 21-13 would get us in.

Yeah I could certainly see that too. BC is better but we should take care of them if we keep the focal point on Jesse. Same goes vs VT who lacks size.

Having still so many road games just makes it hard to see. Can't slip up at all.

Just finish the season above 500 and let buddy/Jimmy’s legacy not be that the only season they played together was their fathers only losing season.
Less incentive to come back that way.

Program needs some energy.

I’m a realist. I know we will still have to likely win the ACCT to get an NCAA bid, but I feel like there is a huge difference between having to win 4 games vs. 5 games. It’s nice that we probably won’t have to play on Tuesday.

I’m a realist. I know we will still have to likely win the ACCT to get an NCAA bid, but I feel like there is a huge difference between having to win 4 games vs. 5 games. It’s nice that we probably won’t have to play on Tuesday.
I will do the projections Monday but I think we will be 7th next week.
We can climb to top 4 if we shoot this well.

It took time, as it always seems to, for this team to find their roles, but we're playing our best ball of the year right now. Just keep winning and let the chips fall. I haven't given up hope that this could be a tourney team. Odds are stacked against use but it's in our control. Just keep winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom