Postgame Thoughts… Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Pitt

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Solid second half after an underwhelming first.

Curious why we didn’t see more Benny second half.

Glad Buddy had an efficient game and made some nice passes to Symir.

Ajak the enforcer got some run.

Not sure much to take from this one, but always take a win especially these days and since we lost twice to them last year somehow.

Only scoring 61 against us is really impressive to pull off.

If Benny and Frank cant get extended minutes in a 20 point blowout then I never want to hear from the board or JB that the bench isn't ready. Perfect chance to get them minutes and even a great chance to run some offense through Benny.

Kevin Dillon Win GIF

I thought the defense was pretty good. We clogged up the middle so their big guys couldn't really get going, Pitt hit their 3's early, but not in the 2nd half. Very solid win. Lots of guys got chances to contribute. Let's build on it.

I’m so sick of the Boeheim show. Zero reason for Benny to play 3 minutes tonight. It’s gross.
i want him to play too...i think the bench is important for the rest of the season...but the 2nd half explosion happened with very limited bench minutes...so in this game at least heavy mins for starters bared itself out as optimal

and overall, i want sub patterns to be based on what is acutally happening in the game not what is happening big picture (for the most part)

I’m so sick of the Boeheim show. Zero reason for Benny to play 3 minutes tonight. It’s gross.
Atleast Buddy was on fire today so I understood riding him hot.
Jimmy’s minutes could easily be cut to get Benny more minutes. That is frustrating I get.
Jimmy isn’t the future and that game was in control.
I can’t believe Jimmy plays more minutes per game here than he did at Cornell.

If Benny and Frank cant get extended minutes in a 20 point blowout then I never want to hear from the board or JB that the bench isn't ready. Perfect chance to get them minutes and even a great chance to run some offense through Benny.

We have never had a recruit as hyped as Williams come in a million miles away from being ready to contribute and people are griping about his minutes?

I get that he might improve but I expect every recruit we have next year to be better than him b/c if they aren't we shouldn't be recruiting them.

How low our expectations have dropped...

This was a good win. I feel like a bunch of games this year should have ended this way wish we could have a couple back and were still playing for an at large.

Solid second half after an underwhelming first.

Curious why we didn’t see more Benny second half.

Glad Buddy had an efficient game and made some nice passes to Symir.

Ajak the enforcer got some run.

Not sure much to take from this one, but always take a win especially these days and since we lost twice to them last year somehow.

Only scoring 61 against us is really impressive to pull off.
For yet another year we are still struggling at the line: FG 51%, 3PT, 35.3%, FT 67.7% and Edwards doesn't know when to keep his hands off and fouls out again!

For yet another year we are still struggling at the line: FG 51%, 3PT, 35.3%, FT 67.7% and Edwards doesn't know when to keep his hands off and fouls out again!
Next year when he is pre season ACC, they won’t make some of those calls on him

Capel did a poor job of prepping his team for this game. Offensively and defensively.
Capel must have some serious compromising stuff on somebody high up at Pitt. Otherwise I can’t figure out how he keeps his job.

It’s possible he’s not doing what he’s being asked to do in the limited minutes he’s out there, therefore being pulled out?

There was a stat put out by the announcers showing that the starting 5 account for 95% of the scoring. Bench is expected to bring defence and rebounding. Check the boxscore, 27 minutes from the bench, 5 points and 3 rebounds. This is the 1st time in a long time that we have no offence coming in off the bench. We got killed in the transfer portal and we are lucky to have Jesse and Frank contribute. Glad they stayed. We have a decent team that with a few results going our way could finish top 6 in the ACC. We are close. Dont Give up. Dont ever give up. Go CUSE.

We have never had a recruit as hyped as Williams come in a million miles away from being ready to contribute and people are griping about his minutes?

I get that he might improve but I expect every recruit we have next year to be better than him b/c if they aren't we shouldn't be recruiting them.

How low our expectations have dropped...

This was a good win. I feel like a bunch of games this year should have ended this way wish we could have a couple back and were still playing for an at large.
This. I get that minutes are good for young players and that JB isn’t fond of playing a deep bench and his handling of young players and the bench (particularly in recent years) is fine to criticize.

But this board is unreal. Every year people cry about minutes. Kadary I get, but Carey? Goodine? Benny? Frank as a frosh? I mean, sometimes it’s on the player to produce when they get that opportunity.

For the season Benny has played in 16 games including tonight. Prior to tonight he was averaging about 14 mins/game. And he had 15 total field goals and 23 total rebounds (as a 6-8 forward).

This isn’t lack of opportunity, this purely lack of production — even if we forget the scoring and focus on filling a stat sheet with steals/Rebounds/blocks.

Should he have played more tonight? I think so. But to act like somehow 12-15 more minutes were going to make some huge difference in his game is pure conjecture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom