Postgame Thoughts... Bryant | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Bryant

Obviously a foul would have been brutal but if you're going to full court pressure you have to... pressure. Otherwise what's the point?
You can’t just back pedal all the way to the basket on defense though. Symir needed to confront, slow him up, make him make a real move on you at the very least.

You can’t just back pedal all the way to the basket on defense though. Symir needed to confront, slow him up, make him make a real move on you at the very least.
100% agree. It was about as easy as it gets. Considering what Jim just said about how 11s is not much time to do anything after we had that opportunity against SJU.

Is there any good reason that Brown shouldn't be the 3rd option at center over Carey? Brown can play and rebound. He's physical and isn't going to be pushed under the basket. I don't get playing Carey. He should have been a redshirt this year.

And I will say it... if we just lost handily which it appeared was likely for most of it, whatever. But losing like that definitely is more irritating for me. I hate losing. I know this L does not mean much, but that was a brutal way to lose regardless of circumstances, record, outlook, etc. A buzzer beater (essentially) is as tough as it gets. Damn.

Is there any chance I can change my Iggy picks?

The biggest story 31% first-half shooting it was en route to 36 to 24 half way through the first.
Taylor looked good at the top of the zone and can score. Ajax solid.
straight as can be right down the middle gives the ball a chance to bounce off back rim.

At what point does the program go past the point of no return? Are we already there? A few bad seasons, that can be weathered. We're on 7-8 years of getting worse and worse.

At what point are you a has been? See Nebraska in football.

At what point does the program go past the point of no return? Are we already there? A few bad seasons, that can be weathered. We're on 7-8 years of getting worse and worse.

At what point are you a has been? See Nebraska in football.
When JB leaves we’ll lose everybody on the roster anyway, this doesn’t get better before it gets worse.

When JB leaves we’ll lose everybody on the roster anyway, this doesn’t get better before it gets worse.
Less than 10 years ago, we were once a school that could compete with anyone for recruits. Now if a 5* even sniffed SU, people would be wonderful WHY Syracuse?

The biggest story 31% first-half shooting it was en route to 36 to 24 half way through the first.
Taylor looked good at the top of the zone and can score. Ajax solid.
straight as can be right down the middle gives the ball a chance to bounce off back rim.
Really like the adjustment made from Ajak to Bell in the middle. Chris made some very good shots from there forcing them out of their zone.

Anyone else wondering about that technical on Walker after he fouled out?

Really like the adjustment made from Ajak to Bell in the middle. Chris made some very good shots from there forcing them out of their zone.

Anyone else wondering about that technical on Walker after he fouled out?
I agree with you and was calling for it at the time...

but it needs to be asked...

old JB would have spotted that immediately. JBA in the center like that of a zone? That’s something HE LITERALLY tries to force for other teams to do. force the bad shooter at the high post To shoot. To let it go on as long as he did was concerning

Why did Joe pull up and not contest the shot when he turned it over?

Torrence‘s D at the end? More afraid of fouling him than guarding him or making an attempt at slowing him up less stopping ball. Not to rip on any one kid though when we had so many critical mistakes throughout that game that put us in the deep hole we had to climb out of. :(
Can’t say I blame him much for being afraid of getting called for a foul with the way the game was being officiated but that was way too easy for Bryant. Basically guided him to the hoop.

Can’t say I blame him much for being afraid of getting called for a foul with the way the game was being officiated but that was way too easy for Bryant. Basically guided him to the hoop.
Got to at least force him to the side, not the middle

Judas slap front and center of ESPN Facebook news feed so we got that going for us

Thought it was on Walker for running to the bench after the call.
I thought it was too but wondered why - showing up the ref or something like that but what tptcuse saying it was on the bench would make more sense.

I thought it was too but wondered why - showing up the ref or something like that but what tptcuse saying it was on the bench would make more sense.
Looks like it was on Walker
A1187787-B175-456C-AB49-B21F084BE882.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom