Postgame Thoughts... Bryant | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Bryant

Scheduling Bryant again, as long as this current coach is heading up that program would be crazy; he’s a thug and approves of the cheap shots his players are taking.

The officials caused that problem to worsen by not making the proper calls!

I didn't realize that Antwan Walker was kicked out of Georgetown. Not surprised at all, he carries himself like a low-character individual.

So many moving pieces I don't what we are yet.

On offense, are we a two or three-perimeter shooters-orientated team, and is two enough? Or are we a two perimeter shooters who take what they can get with some motion plays; while Edwards,Judah and the other forward run a triangle?

On defense, is closing out on shooters the first priority, or creating steals? symir and Justin who is in the back line on D who's up top, can Copeland play up top? Brown and Hima go missing for stretches, and now Benny was missing for 1 game

This is precisely why Boeheim shouldn't "anoint" any 36 minute guys on this team. They all are pieces of what we need, but none of them are complete.

I didn't realize that Antwan Walker was kicked out of Georgetown. Not surprised at all, he carries himself like a low-character individual.
Like slapping players in the face?

Scheduling Bryant again, as long as this current coach is heading up that program would be crazy; he’s a thug and approves of the cheap shots his players are taking.

Huh?

That's not true. He took a good swing at it. Go back and look again. The problem was that Symir didn't stop retreating. At a certain point, you have to stand your ground on defense, around the 3 point line, ideally.
Oh stop, I watched it 10 times, Carey was retreating as well and finally took a swipe while he was too deep and far too late.

Symir was a problem like you said but Carey was just as bad. Purely pathetic on both guys.

That's not true. He took a good swing at it. Go back and look again. The problem was that Symir didn't stop retreating. At a certain point, you have to stand your ground on defense, around the 3 point line, ideally.
Yeah. I get the idea of picking them up full court without REALLY pressuring them. Basically just trying to slow them down a little so they don’t have as much time to create a good look. But you can’t just chaperone them to the rim. The whole point of loosely picking them up full court was to prevent the exact shot that they got.

i think we saw the same situation at the end of both halves. defenders too afraid to foul to actually play defense.

i think we saw the same situation at the end of both halves. defenders too afraid to foul to actually play defense.
The first half was great. That was a near impossible shot and they defended it pretty much exactly as you’d teach. The end of game was pathetic.

Oh stop, I watched it 10 times, Carey was retreating as well and finally took a swipe while he was too deep and far too late.

Symir was a problem like you said but Carey was just as bad. Purely pathetic on both guys.

I didn't see Carey back up at all. Here's the clip. Start at 2:05.

I didn't see Carey back up at all. Here's the clip. Start at 2:05.

He’s legit on the restricted zone line while someone is driving at him, by the time he jumped it was far too late, zero excuse for a simple layup. All on Symir and Carey.

Disagree.

Be better, rise to the challenge, blow them off the floor, and send them packing like the scrubs that they are.

It’s pathetic that it even came down to a game winning shot.

Play the right guys and come out with an actual plan and some fire and play ball.

It feels like we show up unprepared and try to figure it out as we go.

Lazy program.

Yeah. I get the idea of picking them up full court without REALLY pressuring them. Basically just trying to slow them down a little so they don’t have as much time to create a good look. But you can’t just chaperone them to the rim. The whole point of loosely picking them up full court was to prevent the exact shot that they got.
Stop the ball. Turn the ball handler. Stop the ball handler.

Disagree.

Be better, rise to the challenge, blow them off the floor, and send them packing like the scrubs that they are.
Just when are we going to recruit to do that? Our current level of recruitment doesn’t begin to deal with that expectation.

Plus why would we knowingly schedule programs lead by classless buffoons like that Coach!

Just when are we going to recruit to do that? Our current level of recruitment doesn’t begin to deal with that expectation.

Plus why would we knowingly schedule programs lead by classless buffoons like that Coach!
Right now if we played the right guys, and came in ready to play instead of figuring out as we go.

Think JB even watched Bryant play this year?

I don’t.

I’m not sure what people were expecting this year from Joe.

Joe got Wide. Open. Looks last year because of Buddy and Cole. There was no way he was going to shoot 40% from three this year. It was shocking how many people predicted he would because it was his “natural position”. He’s simply too small to be a #1 option.

He’s now drawing the top perimeter defender. He’s going to have to shoot from the logo or take contested shots. There’s no one to worry about from deep other than Joe.

Taylor may help, and I really think Taylor will benefit more from them both being on the court at the same time. And I think It helped last night.

What I do find surprising is Joe’s repeated lack of hustle. It’s shocking how blatant it’s become. He sulks or whines after his mistakes.

As a fan, I can get past some of the physical mistakes, but the lack of effort is maddening.

I’m not sure what people were expecting this year from Joe.

Joe got Wide. Open. Looks last year because of Buddy and Cole. There was no way he was going to shoot 40% from three this year. It was shocking how many people predicted he would because it was his “natural position”. He’s simply too small to be a #1 option.

He’s now drawing the top perimeter defender. He’s going to have to shoot from the logo or take contested shots. There’s no one to worry about from deep other than Joe.

Taylor may help, and I really think Taylor will benefit more from them both being on the court at the same time. And I think It helped last night.

What I do find surprising is Joe’s repeated lack of hustle. It’s shocking how blatant it’s become. He sulks or whines after his mistakes.

As a fan, I can get past some of the physical mistakes, but the lack of effort is maddening.
He’d be a fan favorite underdog who everybody feels bad for when he struggles, if he simply tried hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom