Postgame Thoughts---Georgetown | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts---Georgetown

Only weak spot was 3pt shooting.
Judah had a double-double with 10 assists against 2 TO's.
Jesse was simply a monster.

Boeheim haters are talking among themselves.
I’m fine with not having so many 3’s iv been clamoring for just good solid team ball.

I hate the term "hater". Being critical doesn't mean that you hate someone. The mass shooters and terrorists are the haters in this world.

That said, there have been too many times that this board has resembled a torchlight parade or a funeral procession after defeats and many posters have avoided it for that reason. Now that we've got a mini winning streak, (admittedly against lesser opposition) and a young, talented team seems to be coming together, SU basketball is fun to watch again and fun to talk about again. Those that avoided the board after losses want to have their say.

But it's best to say good things about the team when they are deserved rather than bad things about people who have said bad things about the team when that was deserved.

And some of us who are fair with praise when deserved and criticism of the same get tired of being labeled haters and jumped on all the same. There is optimism to be had now but with a long ways to go in the bigger picture. I think it's fair to say we don't all the sudden have a good team and year because of a few wins. Optimism is about the current year outcome looking better than it did 3 games ago and that is where hopefully everyone is.

I would like to see him get a little more run. He’s too good a player for us to lose. I would like to see Jim find a few minutes for him especially over the next bunch of “easier” games.
I could be wrong but I don’t think Brown or Copeland will be going anywhere. They’ll get plenty of playing time next season. I hope both are committed to the development process here.

Remember when JB said earlier in the season playing 7 players is just how it’s done for most teams or to that effect. Odd that he said that and is going way deeper this year.
He said that’s what good teams do, Syracuse isn’t that good

I hate the term "hater". Being critical doesn't mean that you hate someone. The mass shooters and terrorists are the haters in this world.

That said, there have been too many times that this board has resembled a torchlight parade or a funeral procession after defeats and many posters have avoided it for that reason. Now that we've got a mini winning streak, (admittedly against lesser opposition) and a young, talented team seems to be coming together, SU basketball is fun to watch again and fun to talk about again. Those that avoided the board after losses want to have their say.

But it's best to say good things about the team when they are deserved rather than bad things about people who have said bad things about the team when that was deserved.
I have always said that the only thing I hate is hate. And the only thing you should be intolerant of is intolerance.

And some of us who are fair with praise when deserved and criticism of the same get tired of being labeled haters and jumped on all the same. There is optimism to be had now but with a long ways to go in the bigger picture. I think it's fair to say we don't all the sudden have a good team and year because of a few wins. Optimism is about the current year outcome looking better than it did 3 games ago and that is where hopefully everyone is.
Remember when optimistic meant you were optimistic we were going to challenge for a league and National championship? Been awhile.

I could be wrong but I don’t think Brown or Copeland will be going anywhere. They’ll get plenty of playing time next season. I hope both are committed to the development process here.
If only this were the way it worked these days.

But I hope you’re right.

Have to think we are favored in the next 5. All winnable games with a few that could be close (Cornell/Pitt). If we can win the next five to get to an 8 game win streak it would be huge. Player confidence would be high going into UVA who we typically struggle with.
If I peeked, I agree with you. However with this years team I am taking absolutely nothing as expected, rather taking one game at a time. The confidence and results are improving with each game, but I do not want to get ahead of myself. Next game up Monmouth tomorrow night. JB needs to continue to play several players and try to get Brown and Copeland some game time with the regulars. Lets Go Orange.

"free ranging," LOL! Translation: The shooter raises his eyebrows, and TRob jumps into the fourth row, again and again and again ... :D
I can’t believe it took me so long to remember his name, but in recent years Alan Griffin was another one who ran all over the court kind of like a crazy person. Bordered on hysterical at times. So did JB when he watched

I see coaching potential here.

I think I would have been a good coach. I coached my daughters basketball team in the Camillus Optimists league when she was in 5th grade. We made it to the Championship game. Not that that means anything, but I could relate to and teach kids. I still do.

A big part of my law practice is counseling people who are just starting their own businesses. You have to be able to talk to people and instruct them without "bossing" them, if you know what I mean. I think that's part of what it takes to be a modern coach - "Bossing" is passe, and younger people don't relate to that kind of treatment.

Some of my wife's friends have said that I would have made a great teacher. I'm observant and analytical. Those are some of the core skills a coach needs. So, "thank you", that's a nice thing to say.

Last edited:
Fun game to watch...always a bit more rewarding beating Georgetown. Great to see Jesse dominate, Mintz combine scoring and playmaking, Joe playing efficient, and Williams having a solid game.

Like many others, JBA is just someone I really root for. Seems like an awesome teammate and someone that has learned to play within himself to make the team better. I don't think many of us pegged him to be in the rotation this year, but he has obviously earned some real minutes. Good for him.

That said, still puzzled Brown doesn't play more especially if we're willing to put Benny at the 3. Brown just seems to always make plays and doesn't make mistakes.

Will be interesting to see if this team can continue to come together over the year. Would be nice to keep the core in this freshmen class together.

Nice post. Good comments. Keep 'em coming!

It’s a problem that is worse when you have slow footed guards incapable of covering sufficient territory of their own. Wings should not have to be so high, but if they don’t, then they get yanked. But I agree.

We‘ve also had some free ranging forwards, like Roberts, who got themselves way out of position and left the corner exposed too much.

Yes, the defensive aptitude of the guards has SO much to do with how many fouls the centers get, how many open shots are given up, how quickly the other team can attack the zone.

Remember when optimistic meant you were optimistic we were going to challenge for a league and National championship? Been awhile.

I'm way short of that, of course. But the way the team is playing now gives me a dose of the feeling I had when the FB team was 6-0 or when the Mets were 101-61. I just want to feel good about the team I was rooting for and I'm starting to feel good about this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom