Postgame Thoughts... Houston (NCAAT) | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Houston (NCAAT)

I thought pulling AG with less than one minute into the game was a bad move. That gets into a player's head and can set the tone for the rest of the evening.
Agreed. If the fuse is that short with a player then don’t start him. Start the guys who have been playing better down the stretch. The double standard for how he handles players mistakes is hard to watch. Glad he allowed Buddy to play through his rough stretches during the season...it gives kids confidence.

The question had to be asked . It would be incompetent to not ask it . Why is he so touchy regarding a legit question ., almost as though he’s being defensive
Whenever Jim get aggressive its a sure sign he realizes he is either wrong or might be wrong. JB knows basketball as well as anyone. In hindsight he knows Edwards shouldnt have sat for the end of the 1st half or at a minimum been put back in. Of course he knows. He just will never admit it.

Joe got his pocket picked a couple times, too. If you don't have that secure of a dribble, turn a bit to the side and use your body to shield the ball. Guys learn this on the playground as kids.
Joe is good at dribbling the ball. Until he is guarded.
Like Tommy can really sling the football until he gets pressure.
Lots of players " CAN"... UNTIL

Agreed. If the fuse is that short with a player then don’t start him. Start the guys who have been playing better down the stretch. The double standard for how he handles players mistakes is hard to watch. Glad he allowed Buddy to play through his rough stretches during the season...it gives kids confidence.
Jim has always played favorites but this year has been over the top.

Jim has always played favorites but this year has been over the top.

Actually, I think last year was much worse.

Last year, Buddy didn't miss games early in the year, giving us an early look at some of the bench.

Also, last year Boeheim never found a role for any of the 3 young centers, Braswell got very little run last year, and we failed to work a third guard into the rotation.

Especially the last six weeks of this season, he started playing more combinations of this group, and I think we did better.

He didn't do that last year. Joe and Buddy both clocked 36-38 minutes plus in 2020. Buddy was down maybe a minute or two this year, but Joe was down about 10-12 minutes a game.

So Boeheim was worse last year, in my opinion. He had about 4 years in a row (Battle/Howard teams) where he refused to play the bench even when starters were clearly injured.

This year, he didn't do that, at least not at the end of the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom