Postgame Thoughts... NC State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... NC State

Very glad we won

Buddy took 16 shots, which is far too many.

Kadary is a weapon, wish we’d use him more.

But if we use Kadary more, which of the dynamic duo would sit on the bench more? Sorry, just not enough minutes for him. I mean, it's nice to watch him drive, spin, go left handed like so few we've ever seen, but at the expense of Buddy's 8 backdowns and short rim shots? Not on my watch.

Honestly, that was what I was thinking about all game. Our 50 year winning streak. Lose this game, and I couldn't see us staying at .500 Let alone above.

It sucks every expletive there is to be at this point but the writing is on the wall. We aren't who we want to be. Glad we won but it feels empty. Less empty than a loss but not by a lot.

Terrible coaching by JB. Guys played like crap, Why Girard plays more than Kadary is a joke. Didn't adjust the zone till 10 minute mark of second half. Cant inbound the ball. Team is disorganized and lazy.
All true. At the end of the day, how many teams have two 6’5+ guards that can contain Buddy and Kadary? Not many. Freaking pound that until they can’t stop it.

I love Buddy and feel he unfairly gets way too much crap on this board, but his driving into the lane back down has to be working less than 20% of the time and that might be generous. It's like a turnover that results in a fast break the other way. He really needs to have the awareness to stop forcing that shot.

I almost wonder if he would with fans in the Dome who would be groaning after the third time in a row it results in an effective TO.

I love Buddy and feel he unfairly gets way too much crap on this board, but his driving into the lane back down has to be working less than 20% of the time and that might be generous. It's like a turnover that results in a fast break the other way. He really needs to have the awareness to stop forcing that shot.

I almost wonder if he would with fans in the Dome who would need groaning after the third time in a row it results in an effective TO.
It works against the right players. He just has to understand who to back down. And if he draws the extra defender, where the extra man came from and where to deliver the pass

It works against the right players. He just has to understand who to back down. And if he draws the extra defender, where the extra man came from and where to deliver the pass

I mean, Beverley was able to defend it, and maybe partially block it

I mean, Beverley was able to defend it, and maybe partially block it
I think Beverly gets away with a lot of crap other players don’t.

He was completely lost. Looked like he had never played the game of basketball.
You are probably right, I was 5 beers in. But, the last play he was in, as I recall, he correctly covered the free throw line, while a player was open behind him. If that is accurate, then the player behind him is not his responsibility.
Exit: to be clear, I am now 7 beers in and I am nearly useless, but hopefully entertaining.

When he got pulled, he was on an island. He had two guys to cover and chose the guy with the ball. Am I wrong?
Yes you are wrong.

The “island” was the designed game plan defensively all night... Edwards was not supposed to move to guard the opponent in the lane too soon... positioning wise, he was not playing it the way he was coached in practice.

Watch Marek’s positioning and timing of the exact same set up all 2nd half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom