Postgame thoughts... Pitt | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts... Pitt

I just don't get who we are - our offense seems to be throw it up and hope we make it and our D seems to be let them throw it up and hope they miss and the rebound comes right to us. I don't know what we stand for as a program anymore.

We seem like Temple in the final years of Don Chaney - pretty good and hyped for our D by lazy media but results prove we are 18-13, 19-12.

And SU gets run if Pitt actually had their best player. These 'if' games don't change the fact SU lost, and partly because of lack of effort. Was JBs poor effort in the second half because he wasn’t in ‘game shape?’
eh...2 week breaks are irregular and a legit reason for poor play...even if all of the teams have to deal with it.

shady reffing kept QG under wraps...that was the death knell in this game...on top of the lack of game shape...

theres a reason in normal seasons a couple of powder puffs start the schedule off...get the players game legs and warm up into the season...

not making excuses...but its clear to me that Pitt is not as good a team as SU is...even with pitts best player.

yes at the end of the day...the record is the record...but i think we should recognize that these circumstances are abnormal and the normal standards for assessing play and performance should not be applied. (which does kind of ruin it...but it is what it is...a simulation of a season, imo)...

that said...it is extra frustrating to see poor coaching and bad decisions and strategery come into play as a reason for losing...as that has nothing to do with any of what is going on.

Many will disagree, but JB played his veteran players. Muscle memory didn't kick in for them to win.
5 minutes to go up 7, was not a bad place to be in.
Could coach of done slightly better, probably but he didn't shoot or rebound the ball down the stretch.

Indefensible coaching in the second half.

Unless Kadary had some sort of injury, there is not one single reason he should not have at LEAST been in on DEFENSE last possession.

Indefensible.
Senility setting in? And I love him, by the way. Since he started.

JB Said that this team relies on scoring more than the other team and when the other team scores more than this team then they usually lose
Makes me wonder about his emphasis on “D” To protect the lead. That used to be a priority.

JB Said that this team relies on scoring more than the other team and when the other team scores more than this team then they usually lose

Yes, that does tend to happen doesn’t it?

Wind sprints and lateral movement exercises until they reach a required agility. Hell, running backs can LEARN to be quicker through practice. Do our BB kids just practice shooting? Just joking..., but is it possible coach lost on purpose just to inspire the kids to beat Georgetown?

Wind sprints and lateral movement exercises until they reach a required agility. Hell, running backs can LEARN to be quicker through practice. Do our BB kids just practice shooting? Just joking..., but is it possible coach lost on purpose just to inspire the kids to beat Georgetown?
Do they EVEN practice shooting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom