Postgame thoughts... Pitt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts... Pitt

Talk all about missed shots all you want.. it’s a problem .. but giving up 15 offensive boards to these guys ? Pathetic and that problem will never go away as long as we play this zone and aren’t coached up how to board out of it

Quincy fouls were big but only 2 shots? And from 3? What planet are we on

I stopped watching with Cuse up 14 or so in the 2nd half, figuring we had the game in hand even if our play was a bit uninspired. I decided to go watch all the insane news about the violent MAGAT cosplay coup/insurrection happening in DC. Then I check back on the game and see that we lost by 1! What happened?
Epic Meltdown!

I don't even really care. I guess watching DC coverage all day made me numb.
it's weird, all the real world stuff actually made the result of the game even worse for me, just felt like a sort of insult to injury type thing - needed it as a salve and instead treated to an utterly pathetic display of basketball. incredibly disappointed

To lose that game required such an effort by us, it's hard to describe it. Horrendous execution and coaching (I said it!). No joke, this is one of the worst losses I've witnessed.

I'm just waiting for him to leave, at this point.
This is no fun to watch anymore.
He lost all objectivity as a coach a while ago.

I’m irritated. We just chucked 3’s all game. We better beat Georgetown.

We won't. We have talent on this team, but they aren't his favorites.
I can't believe I'm the new guy complaining about players getting "Boeheimed".

We won't. We have talent on this team, but they aren't his favorites.
I can't believe I'm the new guy complaining about players getting "Boeheimed".

Oh stop. I'm fully on board with Kadary playing, but Woody was obviously out today and it would have been nice to have rebounding from Guerrier not in foul trouble and Sidibe active.

Quincy fouls were big but only 2 shots? And from 3? What planet are we on

Shooters gotta shoot - the only way to know if a guy is hot is to have him shoot.
If he's missing the only way for him to get hot is to shoot more.
Quite the conundrum we finds ourselves in....sometimes that's gonna mean we ain't got time for a PG or Q.

I'm just waiting for him to leave, at this point.
This is no fun to watch anymore.
He lost all objectivity as a coach a while ago.
I’m confused am I missing something with kadary not in on d? Or is it that obvious

To lose that game required such an effort by us, it's hard to describe it. Horrendous execution and coaching (I said it!). No joke, this is one of the worst losses I've witnessed.

Very well worded post. Exactly my thoughts. Funny how we both ended up not even really caring. That is very difficult for me to say. I have been supporting Syracuse for over 50 years and this is the absolute bottom. Ugly!! Changes must be made.

Team was flat from the off again on again covid pause stuff. I give them a pass this game.

This game is not unique. This is SU basketball. Talent, coach, zone, 3 pointers, no one over 185 pounds.

The coaching in this game reminded me when Dusty Baker managed the Reds. He always coached players "to the back of their baseball card." Problem was a .280 career hitter was hitting .200 yet never saw the bench.

We lost mainly because no one played well and Quincy didn't play much.

The game was only close because Braswell hit 4 3's. Think about that.

pitt didn’t play since dec 22nd and was missing players. But ok.
I know this waiting for a game has been killing me, so it was probably worse on them. Everything is so disjointed. Bras looked like he's got it now, that was nice.

It's problematic that we have "elite" shooters that don't shoot at elite percentages.

According to some. You can’t play here if you don’t have a jumper

Last edited:
Shooters gotta shoot - the only way to know if a guy is hot is to have him shoot.
If he's missing the only way for him to get hot is to shoot more.
Quite the conundrum we finds ourselves in...sometimes that's gonna mean we ain't got time for a PG or Q.

Joe Girard is the poster child for all the is wrong with the program from a talent evaluation and “set in their ways” standpoint .. and it’s not really his fault

he’s been empowered to take terrible shots ... miss about 70 percent of them ... and the only repercussions are he gets to play more...and take more bad shots...Why would he change his game ?

as tough as it was to watch that display...no doubt in my mind that the team wins if there hadnt been a 14 day breaak from basketball...idc if the same is true of pitt...

shame that this season has to be like this.

as tough as it was to watch that display...no doubt in my mind that the team wins if there hadnt been a 14 day breaak from basketball...idc if the same is true of pitt...

shame that this season has to be like this.
And SU gets run if Pitt actually had their best player. These 'if' games don't change the fact SU lost, and partly because of lack of effort. Was JBs poor effort in the second half because he wasn’t in ‘game shape?’

Last edited:
I was unable to watch. Quincy’s a ACC POY competitor and we’re still not openly feeding him opportunities huh? Seen this movie before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom