Postgame Thoughts... UNC | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... UNC

Also, Bacot blatantly pushed Hima under the basket on the foul shot rebound but no call. I mean Hima needs to be stronger there. But that was yet another foul that wasn’t called.

Joe, oh, Joe, just let the damn ball go out of bounds! It was gonna be off of them!

It was off joe

I rarely complain about refs. But that call on Judah to cancel out the and1 was a game changer
Yep. Also, Love(?) pushed Judah on the very last foul, not the other way around. Judah would’ve been at the line for that one too. We blew the game with a couple of really bad mistakes by Joe and Judah, but also could have won if not for bad foul calls on our guys and clear missed calls.

End of clock, our end of game situations has to be really cleaned up. Call some specific sets, don’t leave it to a young confident point guard whose judgement hasn’t yet caught up to his talent to always determine a play in these crucial situations, where he’ll always just go iso.

Looking at the box score is even more depressing - we shot better than UNC from inside the arc for 2(53.8% vs 47.6%), beat them from 3 (44.4% vs 37.5), beat them in rebounds (35 to 30) - we did have 6 more turnovers but how did we lose? They had 20 more free throw attempts than we did (23 to just 3). That is disgusting. Grr

End of clock, our end of game situations has to be really cleaned up. Call some specific sets, don’t leave it to a young confident point guard whose judgement hasn’t yet caught up to his talent to always determine a play in these crucial situations, where he’ll always just go iso.

Looking at the box score is even more depressing - we shot better than UNC from inside the arc for 2(53.8% vs 47.6%), beat them from 3 (44.4% vs 37.5), beat them in rebounds (35 to 30) - we did have 7 more turnovers but how did we lose? They had 20 more free throw attempts than we did (23 to just 3). That is disgusting. Grr
True. But We also executed beautifully on the JG 3 pointer with 50 seconds left.

Looking at the box score is even more depressing - we shot better than UNC from inside the arc for 2(53.8% vs 47.6%), beat them from 3 (44.4% vs 37.5), beat them in rebounds (35 to 30) - we did have 7 more turnovers but how did we lose? They had 20 more free throw attempts than we did (23 to just 3). That is disgusting. Grr
Right. Edwards got bodied numerous times. When he did the same on the other end, it’s a foul.

Mintz and Edwards combined should’ve shot at least 10-12 FT’s.

how to get Cuse competitive in three steps

1. Get Victor Wembayama to commit here

2. Final Four

3. Chipwich time
make it stop road trip GIF

Absolutely not. He never touched it. I watched it a bunch of times.

Also, you should generally never save the ball under their basket!
It was off him for sure. JG3 knew it too - glanced right off the top of his hand.

I still don’t understand what he was even trying to do with saving it.

This place went insane on Paul Harris when he threw a bad pass that was stolen for an easy hoop years ago.

I think this was a worse play.
It was a helluva pass by Joe in fairness

Absolutely not. He never touched it. I watched it a bunch of times.

Also, you should generally never save the ball under their basket!

I went back and watched it. After it was tipped off of the UNC player‘a hands, the ball gets hit again. It’s impossible to actually see who it hit, but Joe was right there and reacted as if it bounced off of him. Joe‘s reaction tells me he knew it was off of him. I don’t see him diving like that unless he was sure.

All my life with this program I’ve been rooting for teams to miss the first and make the second
Been saying that forever as well! Amazing it hasn’t ever gotten better in 30+ years!

One thing is for sure... we shouldn't have a 3 to 23 FT attempt disparity at home. That should never happen unless it's last years team shooting 30 3s a game.
All that said we should be practicing end of game situations for an extra two hours every practice.
Yeah right from the team that lost multiple games last year due to failure to inbound the ball and still ran the same play

The Syracuse media is Charmin soft. JB hasn’t dealt with a truly difficult media for 30 years.
Was Bob Snyder the last one?

So, real talk, why isn't UNC better?

Between Bacot, Love and Black they've got three dudes that were coached by Dean Smith. I mean, nobody else in college hoops has experience like that.

They should be rolling teams. Instead, they needed some dumb play by us and "welcome to the ACC, Yankee" officiating to pull out a win.

What gives?

People do realize that UNC still would have had the ball, down 1, had Girard not brain farted, right?
No they wouldn’t have. It was off UNC guys. Joe never touched it.

So, real talk, why isn't UNC better?

Between Bacot, Love and Black they've got three dudes that were coached by Dean Smith. I mean, nobody else in college hoops has experience like that.

They should be rolling teams. Instead, they needed some dumb play by us and "welcome to the ACC, Yankee" officiating to pull out a win.

What gives?
Manek was huge for them last year. But agree- they should be better

I didn't know Tim Higgins was still refereeing games!

I didn’t think this team would win 10 f’in games this year…..not 10…..so I am pleasantly surprised by how the team is playing. We are good enough to win a couple games in the big dance but we have to get there first by closing out some games. I have a feeling we get the wins we need to dance.

I didn’t think this team would win 10 f’in games this year…..not 10…..so I am pleasantly surprised by how the team is playing. We are good enough to win a couple games in the big dance but we have to get there first by closing out some games. I have a feeling we get the wins we need to dance.
It’s over. Maybe we will get there in 2025.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom