Postgame Thoughts... Wake Forest ACCT | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Wake Forest ACCT

Really surprised to see us claw back into it (thanks Q), but not surprised to see it end like that.

This is just my state of mind right now, but if Joe and JB are back next year, I’m not. I’ve given enough,

The offense dictates our players are selfish that is what an ISO offense does. That is why we have 2 players that just stand around because they aren't special enough to get ISO touches.

There wasn’t that much time left. There was six seconds difference from shot and game clock. If you drive you have a chance for a put back.
I think there was too much time left for a long shot like that that can lead to a long, uncontested rebound.

And we need a new offense too
I don't disagree, but none of these guys are doing things out there that are not encouraged or approved by the head coach. If they were, he would pull them.

Seth Greenberg says it's time for JB to hang it up
See, the thing is, it’s not his place to say this stuff. You ever hear them say this about any other coach? I’d feel back stabbed even though he’s not wrong. He’s a member of the fraternity and it’s different when he says it then when some rando talking head says it

Copeland has his limitations at this point, but he brought great energy. Benny was not playing timid. He was wrestling balls away from Wake. If Benny plays like that, he will stay on the floor.
His limitations being he can’t make uncontested layups

670EF9B5-CDAC-4E50-A7A0-D2C584118260.jpeg

Girard portaling to Wake Forest confirmed.

See, the thing is, it’s not his place to say this stuff. You ever hear them say this about any other coach? I’d feel back stabbed even though he’s not wrong. He’s a member of the fraternity and it’s different when he says it then when some rando talking head says it
When is the last time a coach drove his program in to the ground like this?

His limitations being he can’t make uncontested layups
That's one of them for sure. The kid plays with an extremely high motor. I think he spazzes out a bit when he sees that he's got a shot.

That's one of them for sure. The kid plays with an extremely high motor. I think he spazzes out a bit when he sees that he's got a shot.
Of course that’s the kind of thing that he’d have worked through by now had he not been stapled to the bench all year

Of course that’s the kind of thing that he’d have worked through by now had he not been stapled to the bench all year
He wasn’t ready.

When is the last time a coach drove his program in to the ground like this?
Actually, this drove into the ground stuff is a bit overdone . Look at what perennial powers have thrown up total disaster seasons and we act like an above 500 conference record is a dumpster fire ? Yea he should go. No Seth green turd shouldn’t be the one yammering away about it

Nice play call there, Jim! Seriously, clockwork. Me 1 minute before that- "Get ready for us to allow some sort of buzzer beater attempt. We can’t allow a live ball run out."

He doesn't have it anymore. We don't run sets for good shots in critical moments. The time there did no favors but what was the plan?

Benny had a great game. Our guards did not. Amazing it was even that close.

That ending was fitting. Time for a change. It's been a hell of a run.
It seems that we have been allowing buzzer beater baskets for as long as I can remember.

That's the offense. This isn't a guard heavy offense built on ball movement and passing. It's an Iso offense built on the ability of 2-3 players to make plays with minimal input from the coach.
That pretty much describes most college offenses these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom