Postgame Thoughts... Wake Forest ACCT | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Wake Forest ACCT

Look at what perennial powers have thrown up total disaster seasons
That depends on the context a lot. Most of those come in the transition year between coaches or just abnormal seasons with good players that maybe just don't pan out or injuries. JAB is a 78 year old head coach who has struggled to field a team that meets the program expectations for 7 seasons now, pushing 9.

The teams that crater between coaches could have been seriously helped with the transfer portal.

It seems that we have been allowing buzzer beater baskets for as long as I can remember.
Not doubling shooters gives teams a pretty good look. That kid who took that shot was WIDE open.

mintz is a very selfish player. cant have a selfish me first hero ball type of pg.
totaly agree I want him gone...he put up somany bad shots today where he could have passed off to a open man like hes has done before and we won the games...when he gets stingy we lose

Joe went off script, there's no way that is play JB (or any human) drew up.
Kids today I tell you...
It's kinda funny. Has SU successfully executed a late game play that JB "drew up" in the past couple seasons? Seems like we're always talking about how someone *must* have screwed it up.

It's kinda funny. Has SU successfully executed a late game play that JB "drew up" in the past couple seasons? Seems like we're always talking about how someone *must* have screwed it up.

He usually rolls stuff to the basket. That was the opposite of that.

Joe didn’t go off script. The play was Judah to Benny to Jesse which didn’t work out and Benny passed to Joe. The shot was with under 4 secs on the shot clock.

Ok

The doubling Jessie and face guarding Joe was a good strategy. Others had to step up and did which was good to see.

I was very happy for Benny. He played very hard. Hitting the shots was great but he lead the team with 11 rebs and had 5 stls and a block. Hustled all game. I hope he stays.

I was very happy for Benny. He played very hard. Hitting the shots was great but he lead the team with 11 rebs and had 5 stls and a block. Hustled all game. I hope he stays.

Agreed...Played aggressively as well and fought hard for free balls and rebounds.

I think next year Cope finishes a lot of those missed cross over layups too..

In the presser JB said the play was Benny to Jesse. Jesse was covered so Benny got it to Joe instead.

Boeheim said he'd like to have seen Joe drive to the rim.

Not sure what this is supposed to prove. There are many nuances to teams, coaches, and coaching records. The other poster said JB was a bad coach and fattened up on cupcakes (as if no one else has) and I said that was silly because it is.

In the presser JB said the play was Benny to Jesse. Jesse was covered so Benny got it to Joe instead.

Boeheim said he'd like to have seen Joe drive to the rim.
Benny played great but your trusting him to make the entry pass on the biggest possession of the season?

Benny played great but your trusting him to make the entry pass on the biggest possession of the season?
Yeah, live by the sword, die by the sword. That sword was Judah and he needed to attack the rim.

The sophomore leap happens, just a matter of when during you're sophomore year.

jesus we lost? I had meetings from 1 onward.

This is no bueno

Doubling in transition?
They had five guys in front of Wake bringing the ball up court. Wake just did what they wanted to knowing that SU was going to fall back into a 2-3 zone and not double their best shooters. They overloaded one side and forced Benny to guard three guys, a 30% 3PT shooter, a 36% 3PT shooter, and a 38.3% shooter. ETA: guess who was wide open?

1678311358834.png

1678311473856.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom