Postgame thoughts... WVU (NCAAT) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts... WVU (NCAAT)

tenor.gif

Discuss

This Gutierrez Tweet is a misleading excerpt of Boeheim's response to a question from the Daily Orange's Danny Emmerman, starting at 35:22 of the YouTube video of the post-game press conference. What a Debbie Downer, to say this after a great win!

Emmerman asked Boeheim, "This your third Sweet Sixteen since 2016. There's been a lot of criticism of the program ... during that time. I'm sure you hear it. Why do you think that might be?" In his reply, Boeheim started by saying, "I don't hear it because they're from people who are inconsequential." So in context, Boeheim was not saying that he thinks that people from Syracuse are inconsequential. He was saying that he thinks that the criticisms are inconsequential as far as how he coaches because he has to do what he thinks is right.

My folks were visiting this weekend from Georgia so I had to be somewhat respectable and limited my drinking. My gawd... I don't know how some of you guys/gals do it. With only a few in me, I can't tell you how uncomfortable that game was to watch. Normally, I'm just a happy irish drunk with little feelings. Sober is way overrated. Against Houston, the bar will be wide open for sure.

SU did a great job shutting down Culver. 2-9, 7 points, 3 rebounds. WV made a huge mistake not going after Dolezaj and his 4 fouls. Thank you. Buddy’s 2nd half was incredible. I think he was 1-6 in the 1st half, 1-5 from 3. And let’s not knock Joe. 12 points on 4-8 shooting, all from 3. 6 rebounds, 7 assists. I thought Griffin was going to have a big game after hitting his first 3. Hard to explain his lack of production lately. Solid game from all others but we sure made it difficult coming down the stretch.
I believe that Griffin has been getting the hook solely because of his defense. Braswell is much more reliable on defense than Griffin is.

This Gutierrez Tweet is a misleading excerpt of Boeheim's response to a question from the Daily Orange's Danny Emmerman, starting at 35:22 of the YouTube video of the post-game press conference. What a Debbie Downer, to say this after a great win!

Emmerman asked Boeheim, "This your third Sweet Sixteen since 2016. There's been a lot of criticism of the program ... during that time. I'm sure you hear it. Why do you think that might be?" In his reply, Boeheim started by saying, "I don't hear it because they're from people who are inconsequential." So in context, Boeheim was not saying that he thinks that people from Syracuse are inconsequential. He was saying that he thinks that the criticisms are inconsequential as far as how he coaches because he has to do what he thinks is right.
Oh MG took something out of context to take a shot at JB? How very out of character of him. I cant wait to see Eammon Brennan cry about it.

the CBB media at large is a farce. He’s completely right to ignore them. Focus on the boys

Man I'm so fricken happy! Hard to believe we are sweet 16 bound. What a turn around. I want to just say Jim Boeheim keeps finding ways to get the most out of his team...stubborn old SOB but God damn he can coach under the big lights! And Buddy Buckets is out of this world. he is the story of the Tournament considering he's a midmajor talent and shouldn't be starting in the ACC. What A STUD HES BECOME!! IDK WHY IM TYPING IN BOLD AND CAPS AND YELLING BUT I CANT STOP!!!! LFGO!!!!
Boeheim's most impressive coaching achievements are those that are not under the big lights.

What he was able to achieve in practice after his team had been embarrassed by Pitt, UVA, Clemson, has got to be considered something close to a Coaching Miracle. From those days of blowout losses, JB was able to coach away the mistakes that were killing them, and make them believe in their ability to put it all together.

The Huge Irony: at the very time when his arm-chair critics were condemning his coaching inadequacies [as they perceived them] suggesting he should retire, he was coaching the hell out of his team, turning them into the Powerful Force that you saw today.

So whose perceptions of the teams strengths vs weaknesses back then were more accurate?

Boeheim's?
Or his critics?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom