Postgame thoughts.. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts..

Wins a win but that was ugly, especially with #2 going down you'd expect us to pull away

When Buddy and Griffin combine for 2 more points than I had sitting on my couch, that's not so good.

Quincy was fantastic and has been all season so far.
Reminds me a bit of jerami grant, if he goes on the same path he'll make himself a boatload of money

oof...he could say the same thing about someone else this game as well.
I've never drunk the nepotism koolaid about Buddy, but I can't recall JB ever making a comment like this about him. And no, I'm not implying anything untoward, but I'd be interested to know if he was (a) asked about Buddy's play today, and (b) whether his response was in any way similar to what he stated here about AG.

Note: Just saw the above quote about "14 days off". Mmmkay.

Q was really good - he and AG have good energy down low fighting for rebounds. It's fun to watch them battle - it will be interesting to see how it plays out as we go up against bigger teams.

Eh, defense...

Agree on Buddy, he'll have every opportunity in the world to turn this around!

Kadary should be in more, and earlier. The offense is so stagnant when shots aren't falling - as we just look and wait, and wait, and sometimes wait more for the shots to start to falling. The whole "trying to get them going routine" with ISO play by guys who are subpar off the bounce could better be facilitated by a PG maybe. I don't know. Anyway, I'm maybe the biggest fan of spacing, maybe in the world, but sometimes I worry we are too reliant on the magic of it all.

True. Fairly amazing, I will say that once their PG was out they were pretty worthless on offense. That helped.

1608158544740.png
:)

I haven’t been able to watch the game yet. But Kadary played 18 minutes and only scored 5 points and had 1 assist. That’s not good enough considering his skills. He’s hugely talented and needs to be more aggressive, including driving into the lane and attacking the basket. We need everyone to do more including him.

I haven’t been able to watch the game yet. But Kadary played 18 minutes and only scored 5 points and had 1 assist. That’s not good enough considering his skills. He’s hugely talented and needs to be more aggressive, including driving into the lane and attacking the basket. We need everyone to do more including him.
He missed a few short and wasn't super aggressive offensively but his defense makes a huge difference up top. I think he's still timid because he's scared of the JB leash...I think if we handed him the keys then we would see some more aggressive play on the offensive side. He didn't make the wow plays like the rutgers game but he was actually playing and contributing on both ends...some guys didn't show up to play today!

The opponent played well.

Game was never really in doubt.

Roles still TBD and will remain that way for a while. QG is clearly our #1 big and needs to assert himself nightly even if the jumper isn't dropping. Marek won't be the #1 big he'll have his moments for sure but its Quincy.

Pound Buffalo by 40+ since this one was close.

Left wondering...
Would we have won if Northeastern's PG wasn't out most of the 2nd half?
That close!

it’s fine to look at stats, but he came in down 5 and we won by 6...not much more needs to be said. His defense was a key part of the game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom