Postgame thoughts.. | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts..

I think BC was really bad and our team is a bubble team like usual

If Buddy is going to play 34 minutes in games like this we as fans have to understand it doesn’t matter anymore.
You can play poorly, not be a good defender but when you get tenure you get 34 MPG unless it’s a blowout.
Girard wasn’t great but he atleast did stuff to atleast justify playing him.

It’s not changing. JB is like the CFB playoff committee he will do whatever he wants that justifies what he thinks.

Quincy saved our bacon.

Joe made a lot of big and needed plays. Still think he would be much more efficient in a different role.

The team played best when Kadary was in the game. Need his defense, passing, court sense, and ability to go by people in there.

I really don’t get Buddy at the 3 on a day when he can’t hit the broadside of the barn. The hell could Griffin and Woody have been thinking watching him out there at their spot?

I love Jimmy but I thought he had a poor game today too, as did most of our players.

Quincy/jg3 are why we won. Still lots to like with Kadary and he needs to be our PG. He needs to gain some confidence in his offense and be aggressive. (I think he's timid because he doesn't want to make a mistake and be yanked) Marek was so/so..nothing special but not awful. Everyone else needs to run some sprints tonight.

Honestly, a good sign. We're not so close to the hairy edge that we need great performances from everyone in order to win. We didn't even get average or mediocre performances today from two big pieces and still could get a win by a couple possessions. I also think the defense will continue to round into shape. Joe played well - on both sides of the ball. QG continues to show he is becoming dominant, Kadary continued to show he is for real. I see a lot to like.

Lol the boneyard has a thread about this game. The preseason #1 team in the big East lost 2 days ago and there was 0 posts about it.

Shocking

i guess a conference with Villanova and a bunch of a NIT teams isn’t that interesting

Honestly, a good sign. We're not so close to the hairy edge that we need great performances from everyone in order to win. We didn't even get average or mediocre performances today from two big pieces and still could get a win by a couple possessions. I also think the defense will continue to round into shape. Joe played well - on both sides of the ball. QG continues to show he is becoming dominant, Kadary continued to show he is for real. I see a lot to like.
QG is on the radar. On the All Lunch Pail team.

5 of my key thoughts:
- Quincy will average our first double-double since Rick.
- Joe will have up and down shooting all year but his defense has gotten a lot better.
- Buddy didn't play well and had some bad forces. He'll have big shooting games to come.
- Kadary needs to be more aggressive on offense.
- Only 2 made threes? Pretty amazing to win.

With Buddy at the 3 you’re obviously not getting as many rebounds as you should, but he had no major screw ups in terms of rotations, and he gets less exposed for his lack of speed when he is on the back line. Woody had a couple rotation issues in the first half and griffin was no less cold than buddy was, along with his often suspect decision making and off ball fouls. I have been more mad at who boeheim includes in the stubborn final 5 routine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom