Potato Race Tracker | Syracusefan.com

Potato Race Tracker

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Due to being bummed out about the losses I've been neglecting my Shaky Potatoes Tracking duties. That said, I know a number of you have been waiting desperately for an update on the Potato Race Tracker. My rec league season is now over, but I ended it on a significant hot streak - last Wednesday I hit on 3 of 5 three point attempts, and last night I was a sizzling fried potatoes 4 of 6. My .333 percentage is pretty good considering this is not exactly an ultra-competitive league (I kid you not, one of the teams we played had a guy with a peg leg) and it actually pulled me just a little bit ahead of Cooney.

Potato Race Tracker; Cooney vs OiG 3 pt percentage in league play

Player . . . . . .Games . . . .FGM/FGA . . . . . pct
Cooney . . . . . . 17 . . . . . . . 40/128 . . . . . . . . . ..313
OttoinGrotto . .6 . . . . . . . . 12/36 . . . . . . . . . . . .333

Who will walk away with the coveted Danny Schayes Autographed Potato Cup?

If you don't mind, I added my 6 year old to your potato tracker. Let's call him Happy Meal. He has not hit a 3 pointer, and only taken a couple attempts from beyond the foul line. So, these are his layups, and really just wild guesses at his misses, and vague recollections of his makes.

Player . . . . . .Games . . . .FGM/FGA . . . . . pct
Cooney . . . . . . 17 . . . . . . . 40/128 . . . . . . . . . ..313
OttoinGrotto . .6 . . . . . . . . 12/36 . . . . . . . . . . . 333
Happy Meal ...7 . . . . . . . . 38/80 . . . . . . . . . . . 475

Who will walk away with the coveted Danny Schayes Autographed Potato Cup?
Happy Meal will.

If you don't mind, I added my 6 year old to your potato tracker. Let's call him Happy Meal. He has not hit a 3 pointer, and only taken a couple attempts from beyond the foul line. So, these are his layups, and really just wild guesses at his misses, and vague recollections of his makes.
Happy Meal scores a sh'load for a six year old.!

Happy Meal scores a sh'load for a six year old.!
He'll be 7 in a couple months, and is a "senior" in his K-1 league. Like everyone else, he plays 2 7 minute quarters. He pretty much gets loose balls and rebounds and takes them back for layups. He's like a shark in a minnow pond when it comes to defense. He's a great shooter at home, but in games he gets excited and just hucks stuff up.

Most of the games I make him stop before making a layup and hand it off to someone else. I've got 5 kids whom have not hit a shot yet. I've got one other kid that scores like him. I never play the two together. There are 3 other kids whom can score. One is good for 3-4 a game. The other is good for 2, and the third, again, gets excited and just hucks stuff up.

Basketball is definitely a true team game. We've gotten crushed twice by a team that has 5+ competitive kids like my kid.

Pre-FSU Potato race tracker insider update... expecting a big game from Cooney tomorrow, word has it from Tallahassee that he's gonna be one shaky 'tater coming down the stretch!
SacRace2.jpg