Potential 2022 Roster | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Potential 2022 Roster

Cook did look like he would be an impact player for the Orange based on scrimmages in the lead-up to the 2020 season. Against Denver he had a hat trick in fall of 2019. In the spring he combined for five goals against Hofstra and Vermont. Against Yale he had three goals and three assists in the last tuneup before the season. So in four games, he totaled 11 goals and 3 assists. Impressive! But I guess that is why they are called scrimmages. I didn't see any footage from these scrimmages (maybe a few clips from a LaxFactor video), so I have no idea how he scored his goals, but the numbers were still promising.

That 2020 season he had five goals and four assists in five games, which isn't bad but I think we were all expecting more. I am not sure why he couldn't translate the scrimmage success over into the regular season. Some easy shots he missed, and that could have drained his confidence. Maybe as the season wore on he would have had a "breakthrough" but of course we know the season was cut short. It had to be hard to fit in on a team like that when you are clearly the sixth option and almost everyone else earned All American honors. But you've got to make your moments count.

In 2021 of course he was benched after the Army game for Owen Hiltz, which was of course the right move. Hindsight is always 20/20 but I think the flip flopping from position to position probably hasn't helped him. The coaches definitely tried, it wasn't just offensive midfield he was moved to, he took runs on the face-off wing and was even a d-middie for some runs, though I don't think that was ever a good idea given his size. His greatest attribute has been his riding ability (seriously, he's amazing at it), but you need more than that to be a starting attackman in the ACC.

This team desperately needs offensive depth, but I don't think Cook is the guy to provide it. Anything is possible (who would have thought Seebold would be a starting attackman by the end of last season?) so hopefully if his opportunity comes, he's ready.
there's a decent chance given the unknowns at mid that he finds a spot there again. he has it in him, and believe it or not with 3 years left he has a chance to still do damage. he's not likely to do it from distance.

zero idea what march and gait plan for an offense, but i can see a lot of inverts coming out of the box a la a number of uva players over the last 6 years or more w converted attackmen (and mids like conner... obv curry and dordevic and sometimes buttermore were doing it for cuse.) and then you have the possibility of dordevic bumping up top some into space.

i know he got a few last year. diff game, but anyone have a read on the gait's offense with the girls? crib notes? loosening of the reins may help him.

there's a decent chance given the unknowns at mid that he finds a spot there again. he has it in him, and believe it or not with 3 years left he has a chance to still do damage. he's not likely to do it from distance.

zero idea what march and gait plan for an offense, but i can see a lot of inverts coming out of the box a la a number of uva players over the last 6 years or more w converted attackmen (and mids like conner... obv curry and dordevic and sometimes buttermore were doing it for cuse.) and then you have the possibility of dordevic bumping up top some into space.

i know he got a few last year. diff game, but anyone have a read on the gait's offense with the girls? crib notes? loosening of the reins may help him.

Cook has 2 years left, hes a redshirt Jr with the covid year.

Don’t know if this is official confirmation but STX put a video out with it sponsored athletes and Tucker introduced himself as an “attack man “ for syracuse!!

I think this is the video you mentioned? Dordevic comes on at 2:56 mark and does indeed introduce himself as an attackman.

I think this is the video you mentioned? Dordevic comes on at 2:56 mark and does indeed introduce himself as an attackman.

Some long pole is going to trip on the back of the goal next year that's for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom