Potential 2024 Roster | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Potential 2024 Roster

Think mule will start at attack or run on first mid
A- spallina hiltz Thompson
M1 mule Stevens English
M2 Rhoa Burt Deere Leo
ssdm Rice Rosa Spallina McCarthy (Trujillo didn’t appear tough enough for me and if your undersized you have to be)
D olexo Figueros Dwan that set up would actually put three starters on bench ton of depth which is good
G. Mark McCool ippoliti

overall the difference in depth over a year is remarkable

On almost any other team it would be easy to project Kellogg onto the man up unit, given his high velocity shot. That said SU returns five out of six players on perhaps the best man-up unit in the country last year. They bring in Jake Stevens who scored 10 man-up goals last year (Birtwistle had 11, Spallina 10 last year). Pretty easy to see Stevens replacing Alex Simmons (6 man up goals) on the unit.

I would say perhaps the one guy who could possible get replaced on the unit is Michael Leo (4) but they'd probably want a lefty to replace him with (Kellogg is a righty). Perhaps Deere fights it out with Leo for that spot.

Do we know if Kellogg is even a good shooter? SU has had guys with hard shots who couldn’t score much. It’s hard to find much on Kellogg. Was he productive at TP?

Do we know if Kellogg is even a good shooter? SU has had guys with hard shots who couldn’t score much. It’s hard to find much on Kellogg. Was he productive at TP?
About all I know is that he looks good in his highlights. Comfortable changing levels and shooting with different release points. Agreed that a super fast shot does not guarantee success on its own. I believe he was a big part of the Trinity Pawling team but their games are hard to find.

Agree with Powelfan that the only realistic change for a guy on the man-up would maybe be Deere for Leo. Leo did not hurt us there at all, but it could be a good way to keep Deere in the fold if he does not crack the middie lines as a freshman. Leo will most likely be a starting middie no matter what. Hiltz, Spallina, Thomson, and Birtwistle are all locked in on man-up most likely.

I usually don't get into these, but I'm guessing there is little chance we see English on man up. His best attribute, in my opinion, is his first step. It seems particularly strange to take Birtwhistle off, since he scored a bunch of man up goals. Maybe you were thinking of Jake Stevens who scored a bunch of man up goals for Princeton and not English?

I usually don't get into these, but I'm guessing there is little chance we see English on man up. His best attribute, in my opinion, is his first step. It seems particularly strange to take Birtwhistle off, since he scored a bunch of man up goals. Maybe you were thinking of Jake Stevens who scored a bunch of man up goals for Princeton and not English?

Agreed I don't really see English on the man up unit (though in most years he probably would be). If I had to guess it would likely be Spallina, Hiltz, Thomson, Birtwistle, Stevens and to be determined. Really could use an outside shooter type as that group has a lot of good inside type finishers. I assume Leo may go there because he was on the unit last year but again I think someone with a heavy outside shot would fit in perfectly there.

Agreed I don't really see English on the man up unit (though in most years he probably would be). If I had to guess it would likely be Spallina, Hiltz, Thomson, Birtwistle, Stevens and to be determined. Really could use an outside shooter type as that group has a lot of good inside type finishers. I assume Leo may go there because he was on the unit last year but again I think someone with a heavy outside shot would fit in perfectly there.
Birtwhistle and Stevens kinda had similar man-up roles for their respective teams last season. I wouldn't be surprised if SU keeps Birtwhistle on man-up and leaves Stevens off of it. SU needed players in the middle of the field last season and Stevens is that. He's going to carry a heavy load there.

Luke Rhoa

Stevens was born for the crease on the EMO. I think you're right. Lightning quick feet and hands, he has scored a bunch there.

Hard to imagine many freshmen outside of maybe Trey Deere will see extensive time on offense next spring. McCarthy looks like a good one for the future though. He looks freakishly like Brendan Curry when he is dodging, that speedy hunched over look that starts from way out. He even has Curry's compact shooting motion. He might be a little bit smaller (by an inch, and six pounds according to their bios), and I'm not sure if he can match Curry's top line speed, but other than that his moves are almost identical.

I wonder a bit if he could see time on face-off wings, or perhaps as a d-middie at least to start his career. Not the biggest kid so maybe he needs a redshirt year to get acclimated, but the talent is definitely there. He wasn't ranked when he first committed but now is listed as a four star by IL.

Looks like they have started updating the 2024 roster. No transfers or freshmen are listed yet. Some names that are missing that I was thinking might be back: Zach Mercado, Caelin Lewis, John Cohen.

There were some questions about Max Rosa but he is listed, as is Brett Tenaglia who I thought may have run out of eligibility. Kyle Gonsirorek who was listed as being in the portal, is listed as well. Not sure at all how final this list of returners is. No real surprises I'd say.

I count 41 players listed so far. With an 11 member freshmen class, and nine transfers, that should bring the roster up to 61.

Looks like they have started updating the 2024 roster. No transfers or freshmen are listed yet. Some names that are missing that I was thinking might be back: Zach Mercado, Caelin Lewis, John Cohen.

There were some questions about Max Rosa but he is listed, as is Brett Tenaglia who I thought may have run out of eligibility. Kyle Gonsirorek who was listed as being in the portal, is listed as well. Not sure at all how final this list of returners is. No real surprises I'd say.

I count 41 players listed so far. With an 11 member freshmen class, and nine transfers, that should bring the roster up to 61.

Oh gosh. If there is one thing we have learned it is not to pay even the slightest attention to this thing until the actual start of the season. It will have Spallina listed as a senior LSM and have freshman who logged significant minutes last year listed as redshirt freshman right up until the season gets going. The Tufts fogo wont be on there until 2 days before the season starts and we will all freak out about it. It will be chaos getting them to list all the transfers correctly. Caring about this "roster" will only give you a headache.

Oh gosh. If there is one thing we have learned it is not to pay even the slightest attention to this thing until the actual start of the season. It will have Spallina listed as a senior LSM and have freshman who logged significant minutes last year listed as redshirt freshman right up until the season gets going. The Tufts fogo wont be on there until 2 days before the season starts and we will all freak out about it. It will be chaos getting them to list all the transfers correctly. Caring about this "roster" will only give you a headache.

This ^, SU is notorious for their rosters being incorrect or missing players etc. I wouldn't' expect a fully correct roster until late fall at the earliest.

This ^, SU is notorious for their rosters being incorrect or missing players etc. I wouldn't' expect a fully correct roster until late fall at the earliest.
I wouldn’t expect a correct roster until I get home later today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom