Potential Candidate list? | Syracusefan.com

Potential Candidate list?

orangeinjersey

All Conference
Happy New Year Everyone! In all of todays doom and gloom threads, I failed to see a potential candidate list.

For this lets assume no one from current staff is promoted. Who are we looking at? Does TGD go hot upcoming MAAC coach or NFL coordinator again?

Whoever it is, has to be a spread based offensive guy right? We cant afford trying to implement a new system with our current personnel can we?

There are about four or five such threads.

If anything happens I give Tom Coughlin a call. He has been at the Giants forever and has won 2 Super Bowls with that team can't imagine he thinks he can win a third. He's a proud Syracuse man who would probably love to end his career at his Alma Mater with a couple 10 win seasons.

If anything happens I give Tom Coughlin a call. He has been at the Giants forever and has won 2 Super Bowls with that team can't imagine he thinks he can win a third. He's a proud Syracuse man who would probably love to end his career at his Alma Mater with a couple 10 win seasons.

You want to hire a coach for a couple of seasons?

He'll start the games at 11:45 AM, and fine every fan who shows up late.

Kaiser...KaiserUEO...please pick up the white courtesy phone.

You want to hire a coach for a couple of seasons?

No, he'd probably come and plan to stay 4-5 and have 2-3 10 win years with maybe 1 BCS and retire on top. Anyways I regret posting this lets hope it doesn't matter.

As for the post below on him being a disciplinarian he seems to have mellowed in the last few years. Not sure if he'd be an amazing recruiter. But I think he'd be able to dominate the north east b/c of his pro resume.

No, he'd probably come and plan to stay 4-5 and have 2-3 10 win years with maybe 1 BCS and retire on top. Anyways I regret posting this lets hope it doesn't matter.

As for the post below on him being a disciplinarian he seems to have mellowed in the last few years. Not sure if he'd be an amazing recruiter. But I think he'd be able to dominate the north east b/c of his pro resume.

Coughlin will turn 67 on the day SU opens its 2013 season. And he's not leaving the Giants for another job.

Coughlin will turn 67 on the day SU opens its 2013 season. And he's not leaving the Giants for another job.

Let alone a massive pay cut.

He'll start the games at 11:45 AM, and fine every fan who shows up late.
Sounds like the Spring Game.

But for regular games they could fine the fans who get there late their ability to buy beer.

I say we lure Jimmy McGinty out of retirement. Talk about a guy who can coax every bit of talent out of borderline players.

I was given a late Christmas present last night, a signed Paul Pasqualoni, framed picture. By the same "friend" who gave me a Randy Edsall signed picture for my birthday.

I'd start with those two as candidates so I can have a reason to display the pictures.

I think that the pick will come from the current staff. I really believe that Shafer would get the nod

Jim Tressel!! We can't afford to risk it on another GROB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they go internal, i hope they go with Nate Hackett. If they go outside the staff, is Tim Green viable at all? he seems to be the type of guy who would be a source of energy for the program.

I think I would do whatever keeps Shafer and Hackett.

i assumed it would be an either/or. I have to think Marrone takes one of them with him and the guy who gets the nod, can take over the program. If they can keep both, even better. Shades of 1990 when Jake had the decision btw Edsall and Pasqualoni.

If it comes down to Marrone leaving and picking a coach I'd like the current staff to stay but I know some will leave with Marrone and some will be snapped up by other programs as well. I can't imagine Hackett staying here under any circumstance other than if Marrone stays. If Shafer is the HC how many current staff members would/could he keep here? If an outside guy is hired to be the HC, would he keep Shafer if he wants another defensive system to be in place? Who would Shafer make OC, a guy that is already here like Wheatley or Moore and if doesn't pick one would they be peeved or be content to stay at their current job?

If we go internal its a 50-50 proposition, you got David Shaw taking over for Jim Harbaugh at Stanford coming up smelling like roses, and you got Frank Spaz taking over Jags at Boston College looking GRobish, I would get the best possible candidate even if it wasn't a person loyal to Syracuse and then the hire after if the new coach springboarded us looking for a stable SU centric coach.