Potential JB successors | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Potential JB successors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at the college level. The G League is a totally different animal. You coach and do nothing else. Fans and alumni don’t care about the G League. No classes, no recruiting, no weekly talk shows, no fundraising. and a whole lot of nothing else.
Yes but he assistant coached at USC so he's not foreign. He knows the game. Plus he checks off a lot of boxes with his lengthy NBA experience. Don't minimize the Ignite. He has direct contact with all the top AAU programs and professional organizations.

He wouldn’t even know where to go to recruit kids on the east coast. He has zero connections. He’s been gone for twenty years. He’s never been a head coach either. Red and Gerry are better choices.
What good recruiting connections do we have now with GMac?

Autry has connections to the AAU scene in Maryland.

Neither of these guys are better candidates than Hart.

Hart actually has upside. GMac or Autry are going to be perceived as continuation of the status quo. The fanbase shouldn’t have to be divided between JB first and program first fans.

Nobody on the bench or Hopkins hopefully isn’t the next HC.

What good recruiting connections do we have now with GMac?

Autry has connections to the AAU scene in Maryland.

Neither of these guys are better candidates than Hart.

Hart actually has upside. GMac or Autry are going to be perceived as continuation of the status quo. The fanbase shouldn’t have to be divided between JB first and program first fans.

Nobody on the bench or Hopkins hopefully isn’t the next HC.

I agree, although I do still think Hopkins could kill it here.

Not at the college level. The G League is a totally different animal. You coach and do nothing else. Fans and alumni don’t care about the G League. No classes, no recruiting, no weekly talk shows, no fundraising. and a whole lot of nothing else.
He’s literally coaching a glorified college team in the G League. He’d be a great choice.

If FLJ kills it next year with the ladies I would love to give her serious consideration to coach the mens team.

He wouldn’t even know where to go to recruit kids on the east coast. He has zero connections. He’s been gone for twenty years. He’s never been a head coach either. Red and Gerry are better choices.
Never been a head coach? Clearly you are talking out of your rear end and you are talking about something you don’t know anything about. More qualified then any of our assistance. Better recruiter and more head coaching experience then anyone on the current bench. Would he be the right choice? Who knows. And I don’t believe he will be hired. But he is more qualified then anyone with Syracuse connections other than HOP.

None of the assistants on our bench have been a head coach anywhere?

I vote for Jim Boeheim jr. With Jim sr. on his side. The duo coaching system will work for SU.

i'd like to see Will Smith meets Juwan Howard in the handshake line...

If FLJ kills it next year with the ladies I would love to give her serious consideration to coach the mens team.
I can see it on the NBA level, but I can’t imagine it would be easy for a female while recruiting. Would have to be a long time assistant with success. Just don’t think we’re at that point in society unfortunately.

but I can’t imagine it would be easy for a female while recruiting.
unless she's really really hot !

OIP.jwwSYBO1gJCiGFLziQAangAAAA.jpeg

Last edited:
I can see it on the NBA level, but I can’t imagine it would be easy for a female while recruiting. Would have to be a long time assistant with success. Just don’t think we’re at that point in society unfortunately.
I mean I prefer working for female bosses they are less emotional and more professional. You work for men and everyone’s a snake etc.

If a blue blood program like us has the courage to give someone a shot I think it will go well.

Status
Not open for further replies.