Class of 2015 - Potential New Name at CB/S Ronnie Hoggins Jr | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Potential New Name at CB/S Ronnie Hoggins Jr

Or

#OrangesWithNothingBetterToDo

But I like yours better:p

Note my signature line "dulcius ex asperis" meaning Sweeter after difficulties. Syracuse football will rise again, and when we do (with this years class and last if not sooner), all of us will appreciate it that much more. My fanhood started in 94 thus I was spoiled. Not that I've been through the ringer I will enjoy it that much more as all the bandwagoners flood back in.

Note my signature line "dulcius ex asperis" meaning Sweeter after difficulties. Syracuse football will rise again, and when we do (with this years class and last if not sooner), all of us will appreciate it that much more. My fanhood started in 94 thus I was spoiled. Not that I've been through the ringer I will enjoy it that much more as all the bandwagoners flood back in.
At least you understand the perspective, that here it takes time, unlike some of our impatient posters. As with some of the others, I've been around since Jim Brown ended his career here, and I realize most rebuilding here takes at least 6 years. As long as we build a solid foundation, once we get there, we will stay there for a long time, especially now we are in a solid conference.

Amen

At least you understand the perspective, that here it takes time, unlike some of our impatient posters. As with some of the others, I've been around since Jim Brown ended his career here, and I realize most rebuilding here takes at least 6 years. As long as we build a solid foundation, once we get there, we will stay there for a long time, especially now we are in a solid conference.

Just for reference when did you start our rebuild clock? When Marrone took over after the Robinson disaster, or when Shafer was handed a program that was still on shaky ground, but headed in the right direction? Because if it's the former, which it should be, we would now be entering year 7 of the rebuild. In other words we should be heading in the positive direction, not the other way.

At what point is the rebuild over - 9 wins ?

Marrone had It going in the right direction, we took two steps back when he left and took the coaching staff. I'd like to believe we'd be bowling even this year had he not left.

The oline would have been REALLY good. The running back corp with Edwards, gulley etc would have been stout with the good combo of power and speed. Zach Allen would be at QB. WR minus Ishmael would be the same - good enough and maybe better with rob Moore still coaching them. TEs woulda been fine. The offense I think would be pretty good and the defense would never have changed. It's a real bummer that Marrone screwed us over.

At what point is the rebuild over - 9 wins ?

Marrone had It going in the right direction, we took two steps back when he left and took the coaching staff. I'd like to believe we'd be bowling even this year had he not left.

The oline would have been REALLY good. The running back corp with Edwards, gulley etc would have been stout with the good combo of power and speed. Zach Allen would be at QB. WR minus Ishmael would be the same - good enough and maybe better with rob Moore still coaching them. TEs woulda been fine. The offense I think would be pretty good and the defense would never have changed. It's a real bummer that Marrone screwed us over.
Injuries on the OL would have hamstrung us no matter who is coach. I still think that we were playing hurt even when the starters were back in.

Just for reference when did you start our rebuild clock? When Marrone took over after the Robinson disaster, or when Shafer was handed a program that was still on shaky ground, but headed in the right direction? Because if it's the former, which it should be, we would now be entering year 7 of the rebuild. In other words we should be heading in the positive direction, not the other way.
My love for the Orangemen began in 1959. Thanks to Mayor Menninger and his secretary my father had all the tickets for the home games. The mayor didn't like sports and his secretary Sophy was a close friend of my family. The ticket bonanza included the Nats so I got to see and remember some of theNBA's greatest stars of that era. I got to setup close Ernie Davis and that famous group of players including Ger Schwedes Art Baker andFred Mautino. Others,of course. It was great andextrodinary. unification of talent ford Ben and us the fans.

PhatOrange said:
At what point is the rebuild over - 9 wins ? Marrone had It going in the right direction, we took two steps back when he left and took the coaching staff. I'd like to believe we'd be bowling even this year had he not left. The oline would have been REALLY good. The running back corp with Edwards, gulley etc would have been stout with the good combo of power and speed. Zach Allen would be at QB. WR minus Ishmael would be the same - good enough and maybe better with rob Moore still coaching them. TEs woulda been fine. The offense I think would be pretty good and the defense would never have changed. It's a real bummer that Marrone screwed us over.

Too many assumptions. Even if Edwards had stuck to his commitment, how do you know he'd even play much? He's a FB. Edwards = AAM.

And Zach Allen would be a frosh. How many QBs have we had over the years come in and people say we finally have a QB? And it doesn't work out. Hunt would have been the QB not Allen as a true frosh.

With the senior loses we had, the offense was taking a step back.

Too many assumptions. Even if Edwards had stuck to his commitment, how do you know he'd even play much? He's a FB. Edwards = AAM.

And Zach Allen would be a frosh. How many QBs have we had over the years come in and people say we finally have a QB? And it doesn't work out. Hunt would have been the QB not Allen as a true frosh.

There's no point trying to talk to some people, they are stuck on their own points, and refuse to acknowledge anything else, no matter what you say. Every time you change a staff, the philosophy of what you want to do changes, but some people don't want to accept that, they feel the new staff should stay with what the old staff did. This is Scott's program now, not Doug's, so the philosophy of offensive, and defensive play is Scott's vision, and without his players it takes time to build. Players like Jamal, Adly, and Trey are different type's of receivers, who need time to develop. Phillips, Strickland, and the other backs coming in are different type's of players, but seem to fit the new offensive philosophy. But rrlbees, some people won't have patience, no matter what you or I say. Happy new year.

Assumptions maybe, I think they're educated guesses based on what the staff had done to that point and the player development we saw from them. The direction they were headed, another couple years of stability and their system, their players.

Edwards does not equal Moore who came here a slob. Edwards was equal to or greater than jermone smith and woulda been the power back. Edwards has done fine at Miami with his carries.

Allen woulda learned in a Hackett/Marrone system tailor made for him. He needed to get stronger and maybe he woulda busted but his throwing film was better than anything we've ever seen here. Tailor made.

The offensive line coaching and development was light years beyond what we have now.

PhatOrange said:
Assumptions maybe, I think they're educated guesses based on what the staff had done to that point and the player development we saw from them. The direction they were headed, another couple years of stability and their system, their players. Edwards does not equal Moore who came here a slob. Edwards was equal to or greater than jermone smith and woulda been the power back. Edwards has done fine at Miami with his carries. Allen woulda learned in a Hackett/Marrone system tailor made for him. He needed to get stronger and maybe he woulda busted but his throwing film was better than anything we've ever seen here. Tailor made. The offensive line coaching and development was light years beyond what we have now.

I'm not talking when AAM came in. I'm talking now.

AAM 62 carries 337 yards.
Gus 61 carries 349 yards.

Same player and I'd bet Gus played on a better offense.

Allen would not have started here this year.

Gus is stuck behind one of the best running backs in the entire nation. AAM was not.

Have you seen him play? Gus Edwards is not a FB.

There's no point trying to talk to some people, they are stuck on their own points, and refuse to acknowledge anything else, no matter what you say. Every time you change a staff, the philosophy of what you want to do changes, but some people don't want to accept that, they feel the new staff should stay with what the old staff did. This is Scott's program now, not Doug's, so the philosophy of offensive, and defensive play is Scott's vision, and without his players it takes time to build. Players like Jamal, Adly, and Trey are different type's of receivers, who need time to develop. Phillips, Strickland, and the other backs coming in are different type's of players, but seem to fit the new offensive philosophy. But rrlbees, some people won't have patience, no matter what you or I say. Happy new year.

And how is that any different from you? Are you not stuck on your same points? That everything is fine, and this is all part of the master plan? There are very few, if any, fanbases that would sit back and brush off a 3-9 season and chalk it up as pure bad luck. This just shows how years of ineptitude have neutered a portion of this fanbase. We shouldn't settle for failure, and i'm sorry if I have to be one of those people that make noise about some of the issues we have seen the past 2 years. Hell i'm not even called for Shafer to be fired, but I do think some small changes need to be made, and he should be put on the hot seat. I really don't see the issue with some people taking this stance?

CIL said:
Gus is stuck behind one of the best running backs in the entire nation. AAM was not.

No argument there. But it doesn't change my point. Assumptions that an Edwards and or an Allen and all would be well are just that, assumptions. Edwards with this team, this offense and this OL may not have been anything different than AAM. Similar players, similar use, similar potential coming out of HS. Gus has a better RB in front of him but also a better OL. Their almost exact same stats this year are freaky.

I stand by my opinion that players that never made it here can't be used as an argument that the offense would not have taken a step backwards or that Marrone could bring in the skill guys needed to take the next step.

anomander said:
Have you seen him play?

Yep. Used in the same manner as AAM. Same exact yardage too. With a better offense around him.

anomander said:

Better question: how do teams get stuck in perpetual rebuild mode?

Staff turnover and mediocre recruiting.

I think we are trending up with recruiting and Shafer and co haven't been here long enough to form a real judgement.

I think we are trending up with recruiting and Shafer and co haven't been here long enough to form a real judgement.

Recruiting is getting better, but I would not exactly call it a strength. Player development is a big TBD as well. My biggest concern is this staffs ability to game plan.

WR minus Ishmael would be the same - good enough and maybe better with rob Moore still coaching them.

WR's aren't good enough now, not sure how they are better without Ishmael, Custis and Enoicy.

Marrone was a great coach for Syracuse. But, he struggled to recruit 2 positions, WR and QB.

What WR did Marrone recruit that was a ACC level, D-1 WR? I don't count Lemon b/c he was a GRob recruit that Marrone re-recruited.

Could Allen have been good? Sure. Could Allen have been Jonny Miller? Sure.

anomander said:
You mean sweeps, because that's how we used AAM most of the time.

I agree those were dumb. But because they were so dumb, these are the only ones you remember.

I think if people expect consistent top 25 seasons, they need to reestablish their expectations. Syracuse is at least 2 years away from having a chance at breaking the Top 25, IMO. The current freshman and incoming freshman are two Top 25 level classes. They need to get older with continued recruiting to have a chance, especially with the way Syracuse schedules.

WR's aren't good enough now, not sure how they are better without Ishmael, Custis and Enoicy.

Marrone was a great coach for Syracuse. But, he struggled to recruit 2 positions, WR and QB.

What WR did Marrone recruit that was a ACC level, D-1 WR? I don't count Lemon b/c he was a GRob recruit that Marrone re-recruited.

Could Allen have been good? Sure. Could Allen have been Jonny Miller? Sure.

Jarrod West is a pretty good receiver. Many here thought the loss of Ashton greatly impacted our season, so I would think he must be pretty good as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom