Potential QB Transfer Hunter Johnson to Northwestern

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Staff member
Apparently, a grad transfer can move within the ACC. Keyshaun Woods chose Ohio St over Virginia and Louisville last month. The point being that UVa and L'ville were options.

CuseLegacy

Twitter Wizard
Staff member
Apparently, a grad transfer can move within the ACC. Keyshaun Woods chose Ohio St over Virginia and Louisville last month. The point being that UVa and L'ville were options.
Just depends if the school includes in a players release any restrictions, grad transfer or otherwise.

I can’t wait for the day that every transferring player isn’t potentially coming to SU. Sheesh!

Last edited:

Ish88888

All Conference
In that case, why did he go to Clemson?
He probably went to Clemson knowing the timing of Deshawn graduating and havinga legit shot after. But like many princesses these days, kids are quick to transfer when things don't go their way.

He probably went to Clemson knowing the timing of Deshawn graduating and havinga legit shot after. But like many princesses these days, kids are quick to transfer when things don't go their way.
I think we overestimate these kids’ analytic efforts and underestimate their egos. This is not a shot at him specifically, but if you think he wouldn’t come to SU because of the perceived line he’d be in, then he wouldn’t have gone to Clemson in the first place. These guys all think they’re just better. Good for them, they need that confidence, but sometimes this is the result.

SmilinBob

Hall of Fame
I agree with you for the most part but would you want to sit behind a guy your entire career and never play?
Yep...there are so many options out there and for some being QB 2 or 3 ain't in the cards. Every personality is different and if you love the school and coach you might be more apt to stay but if getting snaps is priority #1 then it's usually time to leave.

gbo

Resident Clemson Fan
Yep...there are so many options out there and for some being QB 2 or 3 ain't in the cards. Every personality is different and if you love the school and coach you might be more apt to stay but if getting snaps is priority #1 then it's usually time to leave.
Everything I've heard says that he loves Clemson, he just understands the situation he is in. The true freshman is farther along than anyone could have thought. Kelly Bryant took us to the playoff last year and he is going to be the backup for most if not all of the season.

SmilinBob

Hall of Fame
Everything I've heard says that he loves Clemson, he just understands the situation he is in. The true freshman is farther along than anyone could have thought. Kelly Bryant took us to the playoff last year and he is going to be the backup for most if not all of the season.
So Brice and Lawrence are actually that far ahead of him that he has to leave? Bryant takes a lot of beating so I'm kind of surprised that the 2 mentioned would displace him like that, especially Lawrence as he, while looking good, has yet to take a snap vs real live action.

I can’t wait for the day that every transferring player isn’t potentially coming to SU. Sheesh!
You get it. Why would he write "potential QB Transfer..." only to then state "no mention of us specifically".....He made it sound as if he was looking to come to Syracuse. Just odd

gbo

Resident Clemson Fan
So Brice and Lawrence are actually that far ahead of him that he has to leave? Bryant takes a lot of beating so I'm kind of surprised that the 2 mentioned would displace him like that, especially Lawrence as he, while looking good, has yet to take a snap vs real live action.
Not Brice but he is behind Lawrence. If Lawrence is as good as claimed he'll start for at least 3 years. Johnson will be out of eligibility by then.

I love Bryant and I'm thankful for what he has brought to the team. Problem is that he isn't a great passer and to beat Alabama, you need a great passer.

TexanMark

Tailgating Guru
You get it. Why would he write "potential QB Transfer..." only to then state "no mention of us specifically"...He made it sound as if he was looking to come to Syracuse. Just odd
I wish guys would realize intra-conference transfers are not happening unless it is a grad transfer.

Ish88888

All Conference
I agree with you for the most part but would you want to sit behind a guy your entire career and never play?
I get your point, we just need to know and understand the whole story. The starter last year for Clemson was less than impressive. Was he behind him? Prob not, bc he was injured and dont believe HJ saw the field, right?

I just hope some of these kids are seeing it through enough . Saw another article today about the alarming rate of 4 star transfers. It's all about the now with milenials .

Ish88888

All Conference
You're insulting this guy because he decided he's not in a situation that maximizes his potential?
2 ways of looking at things. He and his camp and well, you, will call it just that. While, the Clemson AD, Dabo, and other coaches might call it something different.

See, these kids can't have it both ways. The research and process of picking a school during the recruiting process is rigorous. These studs commit bc of perfect conditions: coach, winning, system , school major, etc. So, to here that he isn't in a "situation to maximize his potential" after a year, yes , does make him seem to be a princess. Now, if there was an OC or qb coach change then I have his back. If not, to bail after a year? He simply didn't get it done and is taking his ball and going home.

Top Bottom