Potential QB Transfer Hunter Johnson to Northwestern | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Potential QB Transfer Hunter Johnson to Northwestern

2 ways of looking at things. He and his camp and well, you, will call it just that. While, the Clemson AD, Dabo, and other coaches might call it something different.

See, these kids can't have it both ways. The research and process of picking a school during the recruiting process is rigorous. These studs commit bc of perfect conditions: coach, winning, system , school major, etc. So, to here that he isn't in a "situation to maximize his potential" after a year, yes , does make him seem to be a princess. Now, if there was an OC or qb coach change then I have his back. If not, to bail after a year? He simply didn't get it done and is taking his ball and going home.
Sometimes, quitting and starting over is the best way to do it. Hard to say here - you and I don't know the whole story.

I get your point, we just need to know and understand the whole story. The starter last year for Clemson was less than impressive. Was he behind him? Prob not, bc he was injured and dont believe HJ saw the field, right?

I just hope some of these kids are seeing it through enough . Saw another article today about the alarming rate of 4 star transfers. It's all about the now with milenials .

Less than impressive? No - just not good enough to win vs Bama. He was better than most and would start at most schools.

I get your point, we just need to know and understand the whole story. The starter last year for Clemson was less than impressive. Was he behind him? Prob not, bc he was injured and dont believe HJ saw the field, right?

I just hope some of these kids are seeing it through enough . Saw another article today about the alarming rate of 4 star transfers. It's all about the now with milenials .
Johnson was behind Cooper in the third spot last year.

This one is pretty cut and dry. The true freshman, who was more hyped than Watson coming out of high school, is as advertised. Johnson being only a sophomore doesn't want to be behind a guy that will start for 3 years and exhaust his eligibility. Can't say I blame him for transferring.

I don't blame this kid for wanting a better shot to play. Good for him.

But every time I see a 5 star QB commit to a school of 5 star QBs, no matter what they say about why they signed there, I wonder when this particular end game will be set in motion.

Unlike Millhouse's Friday nights, there just aren't enough balls to go around.

While i have not looked it up ,but chances of him supplanting Deveto is not set in stone. When is the last time a transfer QB was a good pro QB ?

2 ways of looking at things. He and his camp and well, you, will call it just that. While, the Clemson AD, Dabo, and other coaches might call it something different.

See, these kids can't have it both ways. The research and process of picking a school during the recruiting process is rigorous. These studs commit bc of perfect conditions: coach, winning, system , school major, etc. So, to here that he isn't in a "situation to maximize his potential" after a year, yes , does make him seem to be a princess. Now, if there was an OC or qb coach change then I have his back. If not, to bail after a year? He simply didn't get it done and is taking his ball and going home.

So what? So he wants to start over somewhere? Big deal lol

I don't blame this kid for wanting a better shot to play. Good for him.

But every time I see a 5 star QB commit to a school of 5 star QBs, no matter what they say about why they signed there, I wonder when this particular end game will be set in motion.

Unlike Millhouse's Friday nights, there just aren't enough balls to go around.
Are you implying that 'Bama doesn't have enough balls? :rolling:

While i have not looked it up ,but chances of him supplanting Deveto is not set in stone. When is the last time a transfer QB was a good pro QB ?

Baker Mayfield sure turned out ok and the NFL thinks he's going to be pretty good.

Trevor Lawrence is considered the best QB recruit in over a decade. He is/was going to beat out any other underclassmen QB in the Country. Once he committed, it was over for Johnson at Clemson. Bryant will be lucky to make it through the season as the starter before he gets passed too.

Trevor Lawrence is considered the best QB recruit in over a decade. He is/was going to beat out any other underclassmen QB in the Country. Once he committed, it was over for Johnson at Clemson. Bryant will be lucky to make it through the season as the starter before he gets passed too.

Decade? Wowza. Hadn’t read that.

Thought there was the 2 year rule within the ACC?

Hunter Johnson was a freshman last year.
And did REALLY well in school. ;)

Had him confused with someone else.
1527639299693.gif

It's crazy that some schools can get the #1 ranked QB... and have him get beat out by next year's # 1 ranked QB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom