Practice notes from Mink: | Syracusefan.com

Practice notes from Mink:

Great to hear the offense is clicking and Hunt is connecting with wide outs. RBs making plays is good to hear. Also interesting to see AJ is working with the 2s

The picture of the helmet covers is interesting bc both the offense and the defense is wearing them - so theyre not to help differentiate whos on O and whos on D. Maybe theyre for concussions? interesting.

The picture of the helmet covers is interesting bc both the offense and the defense is wearing them - so theyre not to help differentiate whos on O and whos on D. Maybe theyre for concussions? interesting.

Per the Knapp article, they are for protection from concussions.

Per the Knapp article, they are for protection from concussions.

The Knapp article doesn't mention anything about the helmet covers that I could find but I would agree that they are for concussions. Like Don Beebe.

So... Maybe AAM should have redshirted last season?

The Knapp article doesn't mention anything about the helmet covers that I could find but I would agree that they are for concussions. Like Don Beebe.

Sorry, must have just read into a tweet from Axe where he said it was extra padding. Assuming for concussions.

I have to point out- Offensive Line listed from left to right- Miller at Center, Trudo at Right Guard. Have to assume this is an injury thing, but that's something to keep an eye on.

I have to point out- Offensive Line listed from left to right- Miller at Center, Trudo at Right Guard. Have to assume this is an injury thing, but that's something to keep an eye on.

sounds like Palmer is injured. hopefully nothing too serious

Nate Mink ‏@MinkNate 40m
Mitch Kimble was full go at practice. He and AJ got most reps with 2s and both threw TD passes. Did not see Wilson throw one pass.

Mentioned previously, but Adonis Ameen-Moore ran hard and looked fluid. Got some work with the 1s, too. Morris split the defense for long TD

Did not see any special teams work. Cam Lynch says Alryk Perry, who is currently backing him up at Will, has stood out on coverage unit.

Or with Knapp out, the next OL in the rotation was Miller, so he shifted Trudo over to guard.

sounds like Palmer is injured. hopefully nothing too serious

Palmer was playing Left Guard. Maybe Miller is suddenly just that good.

Nate Mink ‏@MinkNate 2h
Some spring practice notes: John Miller taking reps at center with the first-team offense. Shafer says Miller might be most improved player.

Palmer was playing Left Guard. Maybe Miller is suddenly just that good.

Nate Mink ‏@MinkNate 2h
Some spring practice notes: John Miller taking reps at center with the first-team offense. Shafer says Miller might be most improved player.

In an article in the last couple of days, the S & C coach praised Miller's physical transformation. If the objective is to get the best 5 on the field, then Miller at C might be the "best" option, as opposed to Trudo at C, and a third string guard playing [since Palmer is already slated at LG in the lineup with Trudo at C].

At this point, it appears to be all about the combinations. My guess is that it is a battle between Palmer or Miller for that fifth starting spot [once Robinson comes back]. If Miller starts, then Trudo shifts to G. If Palmer starts, then Trudo plays C.

In an article in the last couple of days, the S & C coach praised Miller's physical transformation. If the objective is to get the best 5 on the field, then Miller at C might be the "best" option, as opposed to Trudo at C, and a third string guard playing [since Palmer is already slated at LG in the lineup with Trudo at C].

At this point, it appears to be all about the combinations. My guess is that it is a battle between Palmer or Miller for that fifth starting spot [once Robinson comes back]. If Miller starts, then Trudo shifts to G. If Palmer starts, then Trudo plays C.
Check out the DO article on this I just linked in the Wednesday Articles post. It sounds like Miller has positioned himself to be the starter at center, though he will need to finish the rest of spring strong to keep that spot.

Palmer looks to me like a strong, talented player but he has been really out of shape and seems to always be banged up, limping badly. One of those guys that needs to dedicate himself to football more and lose some weight if he wants to get on the playing field.

Jason Emerich is another talented player who should be in the mix here but he appears to be injured again. Hate to see young players with injury problems. Especially if they involve the head (don't know what is bothering him now but he has had concussion issues before)...

Most talent on the line I've seen on the hill in a long time and depth wise as well but these injuries/concussions are tough to overcome. Between concussions and roll overs on the legs those linemen have to somehow stay healthy and it ain't easy. Miller is a junior?