Practice This Season...... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Practice This Season......

Clearly one of two outcomes here.

1- we are set for a 17-14 season where 18-14 Vandy gets a bid and NIT bid awaits.

2- We are Golden States best competition this year. Most NBA stars we have ever had on one Cuse team. Wrecking the league is all that remains to be done. Forget these weak NCAA tesms.

Clearly one of two outcomes here.

1- we are set for a 17-14 season where 18-14 Vandy gets a bid and NIT bid awaits.

2- We are Golden States best competition this year. Most NBA stars we have ever had on one Cuse team. Wrecking the league is all that remains to be done. Forget these weak NCAA tesms.

Can't wait to see Steph try and d up Buddy. Not fair at all to Curry, but it has to be done.

In all seriousness a few things must happen and I think it's fair they do.

1) Improvement from the returning players. Specifically:

- Howard's PG play
- Battles shooting and shot selection
- Marek's aggressiveness and decisiveness. More NCAA tournament Dolemite
- Brissetts efficiency and shooting,
- PC's finishing and offensive awareness
-Sidibes health.

2) Boost from the noobs:
- Added dimension and depth from Carey
- Another all around contributor in Hughes providing necessary depth and production when starters struggle
- emergence of either Buddy or Braswell as an occassional needed sniper to boost the offense.

3) Bonus Goodies

- Regular contributions from Buddy or Braswell.
- PG depth via Howard Washington providing stability when needed
- one or more players emerge as a third NBA level star this year. Most likely candidates are Hughes, Carey, Dolezaj or Sidibe

Overall I think if we get most of 1 and 2 we will have a great year and stay ranked and have a shot at a run in the tourney. Thinking 4-6 seed. If we get some on line 3 we are talking 1-3 seed and legit contender status. Obviously, as we have seen we know what is coming if injuries or chemistry issues weigh things down. Not that we shouldn't acknowledge the potential realities here but I think everyone knows what this looks like and that it is possible. This year at least it's going to take several bad things happening once again for that to come true.

In all seriousness a few things must happen and I think it's fair they do.

1) Improvement from the returning players. Specifically:

- Howard's PG play
- Battles shooting and shot selection
- Marek's aggressiveness and decisiveness. More NCAA tournament Dolemite
- Brissetts efficiency and shooting,
- PC's finishing and offensive awareness
-Sidibes health.

2) Boost from the noobs:
- Added dimension and depth from Carey
- Another all around contributor in Hughes providing necessary depth and production when starters struggle
- emergence of either Buddy or Braswell as an occassional needed sniper to boost the offense.

3) Bonus Goodies

- Regular contributions from Buddy or Braswell.
- PG depth via Howard Washington providing stability when needed
- one or more players emerge as a third NBA level star this year. Most likely candidates are Hughes, Carey, Dolezaj or Sidibe

Overall I think if we get most of 1 and 2 we will have a great year and stay ranked and have a shot at a run in the tourney. Thinking 4-6 seed. If we get some on line 3 we are talking 1-3 seed and legit contender status. Obviously, as we have seen we know what is coming if injuries or chemistry issues weigh things down. Not that we shouldn't acknowledge the potential realities here but I think everyone knows what this looks like and that it is possible. This year at least it's going to take several bad things happening once again for that to come true.
Last year we knew after the first two exhibition games that we were going to have a rough time. I think those games have great value for us. If we look mighty fine in exhibition this year, I will be quite heartened. And it feels good to the soul to be heartened!

Thanks for such a great summation of what we need.

Last year we knew after the first two exhibition games that we were going to have a rough time. I think those games have great value for us. If we look mighty fine in exhibition this year, I will be quite heartened. And it feels good to the soul to be heartened!

Thanks for such a great summation of what we need.

Agree on the exhibitions. Really look forward to seeing the progress and an offense that looks like .. well an offense lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom