Practice This Season...... | Syracusefan.com

Practice This Season......

R
Washington will be third team?
eally like this kid and his loyalty and love for this team and feeling bad he is getting caught up in a undertow of talent

R

eally like this kid and his loyalty and love for this team and feeling bad he is getting caught up in a undertow of talent

If he's patient, then he could still factor in and have an important role on the team later in his career.

If he's not, then I wouldn't blame him for leaving for greener pastures.

Hopefully its the former instead of the latter.

Practice this season is going to be very competitive
2nd unit is going to light-it up from 3!
Counting the days til practice starts

Battle
Howard
Pascal
Oshae
Marek
Vs
Hughes
Carey
Sidibe
Braswell
Buddy
Our second team could win the BE.

Feels great to have legitimate depth again. Having guys like Carey and Hughes come off the bench is a luxury. 98% of D1 teams would love to have them as starters. I’m worried that my expectations are too high. I’m in the win it all or bust mode. Not looking for another Sweet 16 run. Last year it was fun and we overachieved, but we are returning every damn starter this year. Throw in a transfer sixth man who sounds like he can fill it up. A Cuse molded PG in Carey. Then a big who is more skilled than our starter and this team is filthy.

Second team has three guys with 1st round pick potential. Craziness.
7bfafc8832cc55eef1e469dbe114010d.jpg

You don’t think Carey, Hughes, and Sid have NBA potential?

Guys like Gbinije and Christmas aren’t even really sticking in the NBA so far. I’ll be thrilled if Hughes and Sidibe turn out to be as good as Gbinije and Christmas.

I think a lot of players Syracuse recruits have “NBA potential” as a distinct possibility because they have the measurables. But a lot of our studs don’t even make it, or kinda make it but don’t stick. It’s so hard to do.

Every year we have our fair share of unreasonable expectation threads. I'd love to actually see what the new guys look like on the big court before I declare them the next "insert amazing player of the past here" or see if the injured guys can come back to where they were before they got hurt.

These threads don't disappoint though...

Every year we have our fair share of unreasonable expectation threads. I'd love to actually see what the new guys look like on the big court before I declare them the next "insert amazing player of the past here" or see if the injured guys can come back to where they were before they got hurt.

These threads don't disappoint though...

Exactly. I'm definitely optimistic this year and don't think we'll be nervous come Selection Sunday. But this is still the same starting 5 that struggled on offense even in the NCAA. Having an actual bench with legit players should help tremendously and I realize guys improve. But I'm in a wait and see mode before I get my expectations too out of control, especially after I got too excited leading up to the season 2 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom