Pre- Spring Depth Chart...not this year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pre- Spring Depth Chart...not this year

He has at least 2 years

Barring a meltdown I agree but its not 100%, theres a contigent of powerful people close to the program that want a change and the vultures will be circling if things go bad.

Barring a meltdown I agree but its not 100%, theres a contigent of powerful people close to the program that want a change and the vultures will be circling if things go bad.

Powerful people? There are no powerful people left really and most are just fine with Marrone, this is folklore. There are very few boosters if any that can sway the university at this point. I think Gross and Cantor understand the limitations and realize that the SU job isn't really that hot of a commodity, and the University won't be top dollar either. I know ACC, etc etc still won't happen

You need to make up your mind because you are on record about your opinion of Marrone as the HC at SU. So why call someone else out?

Because he feels that Marrone is walking on egg shells and desperate because he isn't publishing a spring depth chart, that is why I called him out.

My opinion doesn't really matter. I think marrone lost the team last year and I personally hate his offense as it is right now but I am not going to rip the guy for not publishing a meaningless depth chart or for closing spring practice. That is my point.

If they fired marrone tomorrow I could really care less or if he stayed here for 25 years that would be fine too. Sure after 5 losses in a row, where the team looked inept in every aspect, I wanted the guy fired but I also realize that will never happen, he also has two more years to prove himself and that is really the right choice regardless of what an internet yahoo like myself thinks. I really don't care who the head coach is but ripping the guy in March for dumb doesn't make sense. As far as being on record, who gives a flying . I support the program not the head coach and will call for his head when they lose 5 in a row and praise the guy when he blows out WVU, it's the way it goes. Like I said, I still support the program and don't spend time whining about 5 home games or playing USC In NJ like some. You don't see me threatening cancelling tix for dumb that SU can't control, or whining about $99 for season tix.

So my rational opinion on Marrone is it will play out over the next two years, he has done some good things some not so good things and the jury is still out for the most part but he was also left with a steaming bag of dogsh!t regardless of what you say. A few athletes do not a program make, Division 3 facilities don't help recruiting either

I think marrone lost the team last year and I personally hate his offense as it is right now but I am not going to rip the guy for not publishing a meaningless depth chart or for closing spring practice. That is my point.

If they fired marrone tomorrow I could really care less or if he stayed here for 25 years that would be fine too. Sure after 5 losses in a row, where the team looked inept in every aspect, I wanted the guy fired but I also realize that will never happen, he also has two more years to prove himself and that is really the right choice regardless of what an internet yahoo like myself thinks. I really don't care who the head coach is but ripping the guy in March for dumb **** doesn't make sense. As far as being on record, who gives a flying ****. I support the program not the head coach and will call for his head when they lose 5 in a row and praise the guy when he blows out WVU, it's the way it goes. Like I said, I still support the program and don't spend time whining about 5 home games or playing USC In NJ like some. You don't see me threatening cancelling tix for dumb **** that SU can't control, or whining about $99 for season tix.

So my rational opinion on Marrone is it will play out over the next two years, he has done some good things some not so good things and the jury is still out for the most part but he was also left with a steaming bag of dogsh!t regardless of what you say. A few athletes do not a program make, Division 3 facilities don't help recruiting either

That's the cybil we know and love.

That bag of dogsh!t was more than GRob was left with and in many ways, more than what we have brought in and at best no worse. That's a fact jack so keep preaching the party line. And those D3 facilities are the same ones we had before Marrone got here...didn't hear people screaming from the rooftops about them then. Keep on keeping on.

That's the cybil we know and love.

That bag of dogsh!t was more than GRob was left with and in many ways, more than what we have brought in and at best no worse. That's a fact jack so keep preaching the party line. And those D3 facilities are the same ones we had before Marrone got here...didn't hear people screaming from the rooftops about them then. Keep on keeping on.

More than Robinson was left with? You keep saying that, but it's just not true.

There were 27 kids either on the roster (24) or recruited into the program (AJones, ALewis, CBrinkley) by Pasqualoni that were either drafted or got FA contracts.

To date there were 7 players that the same can be said for with the roster that Robinson left Marrone.

Obvious candidates in this class are CJones, Provo, ABailey, Marinovich.

Lemon, Sales, and Pugh are the only Robinson guys left with a real chance.

If they all get contracts, that would be 14 Robinson guys.

There were 27 kids either on the roster (24) or recruited into the program (AJones, ALewis, CBrinkley) by Pasqualoni that were either drafted or got FA contracts.

To date there were 7 players that the same can be said for with the roster that Robinson left Marrone.

Go look at those rosters. You keep focusing on 1 class. After the senior class that GRob was left with, there was squat. The worst 3 classes in a decade were those that were left. You can deny it all you want.

You forgot Nassib.

I'm ok with him not releasing a depth chart. We don't need another situation like Marrone's first year when he named an incoming JUCO as a starter before he stepped on campus, and then quite before the season started while the move upset some current players that also decided to transfer.

A contingent of powerful people close to the program that want a change? I call bullsh1t, Like who?

The bigger donors I know love Marrone and there was a pretty powerful contingent of Syracuse people who supported and hired Marrone only 3 years ago.

He's got a minimum of 2 more years and I'd wager probably more than that.

A contingent of powerful people close to the program that want a change? I call bullsh1t, Like who?

The bigger donors I know love Marrone and there was a pretty powerful contingent of Syracuse people who supported and hired Marrone only 3 years ago.

He's got a minimum of 2 more years and I'd wager probably more than that.

Believe whatever you want but I am obvsioulsy not going to get into specific names or sources you know better then that. Your comment about the biggest donors loving Marrone is laughable you realize he was like the 3rd or fourth choice when he was hired, and coming off one of the worst collapses in SU history, he still has many supporters myself included but your timeframe of at least 2 years no matter what is way off base. Gross isnt Jake Crouthamel he will pull the trigger if things get bad enough.

Believe whatever you want but I am obvsioulsy not going to get into specific names or sources you know better then that. Your comment about the biggest donors loving Marrone is laughable you realize he was like the 3rd or fourth choice when he was hired, and coming off one of the worst collapses in SU history, he still has many supporters myself included but your timeframe of at least 2 years no matter what is way off base. Gross isnt Jake Crouthamel he will pull the trigger if things get bad enough.

To clarify - I didn't say the biggest donors. I said the bigger donors that I know. These aren't people at Joyce's level, they aren't people at the decision making level but they do have a couple of private boxes and money to blow. They like/support Marrone.

GoSU96 said:
More than Robinson was left with? You keep saying that, but it's just not true.​
There were 27 kids either on the roster (24) or recruited into the program (AJones, ALewis, CBrinkley) by Pasqualoni that were either drafted or got FA contracts.​
To date there were 7 players that the same can be said for with the roster that Robinson left Marrone.​
Obvious candidates in this class are CJones, Provo, ABailey, Marinovich.​
Lemon, Sales, and Pugh are the only Robinson guys left with a real chance.​
If they all get contracts, that would be 14 Robinson guys.​
Rrlbees said:
Go look at those rosters. You keep focusing on 1 class. After the senior class that GRob was left with, there was squat. The worst 3 classes in a decade were those that were left. You can dent it all you want.

In my mind the post a few weeks back that specified the NFL draft stats for each SU class going back to and beyond the Mac years dispells any notion that coach P was recruiting well in the late '90s or beyond. Recruiting dropped off substantially. P left the program in much worse condition than it was when he took it over. And then GRob killed it with poor coaching and recruiting that was probably similar to what P was doing at the end of his run.

Go look at those rosters. You keep focusing on 1 class. After the senior class that GRob was left with, there was squat. The worst 3 classes in a decade were those that were left. You can deny it all you want.

Focusing on one class? Nonsense.

2006 Draft - 10 kids, 2007 - 7, 2008 - 4, 2009 - 4, 2010 - 1, 2011 1.