Pre- Spring Depth Chart...not this year | Syracusefan.com

Pre- Spring Depth Chart...not this year

Always positive & hopeful comments by the syr.com crewOh Lord

Always positive & hopeful comments by the syr.com crewOh Lord
True. Marrone can't win there. If he gave out a depth chart the same dopes would complain that there is no competition for the starting jobs and Marrone is just sticking with his favorites. I like the competition.

I don't understand why people feel that Marrone's job is jeopardy THIS year because it absolutely is not, regardless of what people believe or expect

Adrian Flemming is already a JR-to-be...while Cory Boatman seems like an 8th-year senior. Fun with rosters...

I don't understand why people feel that Marrone's job is jeopardy THIS year because it absolutely is not, regardless of what people believe or expect

he is a lame duck this year- how gross handles it will determine the future of the program- if this season starts like last year ended the seat will be on fire

its a perfect excuse-cant recruit without a longer deal-

also-are these recruits so molly coddled that you cant show a depth chart without the fear of a kid walking ? are they too immature to handle a depth chart like kids have thru all of modern football?

if you cant see a hint of desperation in his moves so far this spring-your eyes are too closed for the good of the program

guy is walking on egg shells imho-
if he does fail i would much rather he goes out guns blazing than quietly -he better grow a pair real soon

Adrian Flemming is already a JR-to-be...while Cory Boatman seems like an 8th-year senior. Fun with rosters...

LOL time flies...college seemed so long when I was there.

BTW any else remember Sloan weighing 324lbs?

he is a lame duck this year- how gross handles it will determine the future of the program- if this season starts like last year ended the seat will be on fire

He's not going anywhere this year.

Barring a disaster of GRobesque proportions (2-10 or worse), Marrone will still have a job when SU joins the ACC in 2013.

also-are these recruits so molly coddled that you cant show a depth chart without the fear of a kid walking ? are they too immature to handle a depth chart like kids have thru all of modern football?

if you cant see a hint of desperation in his moves so far this spring-your eyes are too closed for the good of the program

if he does fail i would much rather he goes out guns blazing than quietly -he better grow a pair real soon

Are you a big Emily Dickinson fan?

He's not going anywhere this year.

Barring a disaster of GRobesque proportions (2-10 or worse), Marrone will still have a job when SU joins the ACC in 2013.
like i said if he starts out like he finished-

what if we go 4-8 and the offense still doesnt work? what if special teams still doesnt exist ?

if he pulls off 5 (4 real)wins but we have a legit offense that is inside the top 50 -i would say thats enough improvement to warrant some more time-

if we win 5 and the offense is still ranked around triple digits- its time to move on

he is in a tough spot because kids arent committing to a lame duck-his best bet is to go balls to the walls to open the season and hope he gets off to a good start so he can get a extention before the end of the season

I can't help but be excited by the depth and athleticism in the secondary.

Was Desir always a Free Safety or is that a position change?

And I'm SOOOOOO glad to see Mungwa still at safety. We need to get bigger at that position.

This is all your perception not the reality, the fact is he has gone to a bowl game and was one way away from one last year.. The recruiting will be just fine, sure he is in need of a contract extension but tons of coaches are, the fact is they can wait for the contrcat extension but he at least has two more years.

He is not desperate or walking on egg shells, he is creating a competitive atmosphere and trying to get back a lot of the intensity that he feels dropped way off last year. He is also trying to have team leaders step up. I think Marrone is still extremly pissed off from how the season ended and finds it more unacceptable than all of us, even myself. What he is doing is controlling most info that gets outside the program, I am sure Marrone has a two deep, he just isn't publishing it and really BFD, kids are out with injuries and its March. Somehow, this equates to desperation and walking on egg shells. What.

My eyes too closed for the good of the program? Funny, yeah that is me for sure. As it stands today, marrone's job is nowhere near in jeopardy regardless of how many times people post it. Like I said, we need a ton of work still but it's nowhere near as bad as many are or were making it, it just isn't. Sure after the Pitt game, I was right there as well but you have to stay the course here at least for 2 more years.

Winning games is all that matters

I like going without the pre-spring depth chart and keeping competition wide open. Will be helpful to the younger guys, especially after the way last season ended. Good move in my opinion.

This is all your perception not the reality, the fact is he has gone to a bowl game and was one way away from one last year.. The recruiting will be just fine, sure he is in need of a contract extension but tons of coaches are, the fact is they can wait for the contrcat extension but he at least has two more years.

He is not desperate or walking on egg shells, he is creating a competitive atmosphere and trying to get back a lot of the intensity that he feels dropped way off last year. He is also trying to have team leaders step up. I think Marrone is still extremly pissed off from how the season ended and finds it more unacceptable than all of us, even myself. What he is doing is controlling most info that gets outside the program, I am sure Marrone has a two deep, he just isn't publishing it and really BFD, kids are out with injuries and its March. Somehow, this equates to desperation and walking on egg shells. What.

My eyes too closed for the good of the program? Funny, yeah that is me for sure. As it stands today, marrone's job is nowhere near in jeopardy regardless of how many times people post it. Like I said, we need a ton of work still but it's nowhere near as bad as many are or were making it, it just isn't. Sure after the Pitt game, I was right there as well but you have to stay the course here at least for 2 more years.

if by year 4 he still has no offense then your ok?-also a side note he won 4 1a games and 1 aa(championship series)

a lame duck year is a lame duck year-btw the only guys who are in one are there because they havent earned a extension-

if he went bowling he would have gotten his extension

and if a lame duck coach at ucon ot the girls -closed practice after he stated they would be open -had no signing day event because fans arent worth it,no depth chart ect ect-you would say its abnormal and slightly paranoid -or even hints of desperation

and if a lame duck coach at ucon ot the girls -closed practice after he stated they would be open -had no signing day event because fans arent worth it,no depth chart ect ect-you would say its abnormal and slightly paranoid -or even hints of desperation
Or we wouldn't care...

if by year 4 he still has no offense then your ok?-also a side note he won 4 1a games and 1 aa(championship series)

a lame duck year is a lame duck year-btw the only guys who are in one are there because they havent earned a extension-

if he went bowling he would have gotten his extension

No I would say it's what many football coaches do and I would say it's not a big deal in the grand scheme regardless of how you try to spin it as being some negative for Marrone. What next? He switches from Gatorade to Powerade and it hints of desperation? Good Lord.

I think you are one of thousands that seems to really care about it

i have my pov you have yours-
i just dont see everything being rosy-
i also see a whole lot of excuses for why-
i was a fan after year 2-the start of year 3 showed a lot of kinks in his armor -1 win isnt wasnt shouldn't ect ect be- tulane gave yards and points away like they got extra credit- for a offense to be as discombobulated to finish the season as it was when it started doesnt give me much hope-it was year 3 he should have had some offense,but its not like he held back his qb from running ,coach's just dont do that-lol

i dont know what to say when you still think that he can fail afterr year 4 and still have his job-im sick of the rebuilding excuse,its become more than evident robinson didnt leave the program deft of any talent

i have my pov you have yours-
i just dont see everything being rosy-
i also see a whole lot of excuses for why-
i was a fan after year 2-the start of year 3 showed a lot of kinks in his armor -1 win isnt wasnt shouldn't ect ect be-
So you're a fan when things are going well? Huh, ya don't say.

So you're a fan when things are going well? Huh, ya don't say.
is that what i said? i guess comprehension isnt a strong suite

does the excuse crew have a minimum? if so what?
ive already stated numbers i will stand behind -yet none of you have-why? no faith all of a sudden?

btw-after a quick look at espn i didnt see any other programs that have eliminated depth charts because of ? only stories about kids who are competing for starting jobs -every kid knows by know you fight your way up the depth chart-well at winning programs they do

You need to make up your mind because you are on record about your opinion of Marrone as the HC at SU. So why call someone else out?

Was Desir always a Free Safety or is that a position change?

And I'm SOOOOOO glad to see Mungwa still at safety. We need to get bigger at that position.
Desir played FS for at least the latter part of the 2011 season. Might have been moved when Phillip Thomas left the building...maybe even when Eskridge was declared ineligible.

Totally disagree, another meltdown like last year and Marrone's job is in jeopardy and if for some reason the team totally collapses ( I dont believe it will just giving worst case scenario) and goes 2-10 3-9 theres a good chance he wont be back.

All that said I am shooting for 6-6 and a bowl and maybe even an extension for Doug.