Prediction thread for Memorial Day Weekend | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Prediction thread for Memorial Day Weekend

These seniors better get it done. If they and Desko fail this weekend they will be the first graduating class since 1982 with no final four appearances.

These seniors better get it done. If they and Desko fail this weekend they will be the first graduating class since 1982 with no final four appearances.
I've now read this in articles & heard this on broadcasts multiple times. SU went to their 1st Final Four in 1980. Wouldn't it be the 1st class since 1979? What am I missing?

Albany, Denver, Duke, 'Cuse. No B1G. I actually think MD wins but I just want to see an Ierlan-Baptiste matchup so badly. 2 contrasting styles, Ierlan's lightning quick hands vs Baptiste's brute force.

Something interesting I came across today is that Ierlan played club lax for Orange Crush, not Sweetlax like the majority of his Victor teammates. The club is based in Syracuse & run by Steve Scaramuzzino (WG & SU AA & current SU volunteer assistant) & a host of other former SU players including Archer, Burns, Jackson, Palumb, & Lockwood. This makes it even more surprising that we couldn't land him. I'm thinking that we either didn't offer a full ride & Albany did or maybe he didn't want to sit behind Williams as a Frosh. His best friend, fellow Victor '16 Pat Barrow, also went to Albany. Maybe he just liked Marr & the school/program better. I guess there's no sense in speculating now.

I've watched FO guys perform this warmup/drill in person many times in the Dome. I've never seen anyone do it this fast. Wow.

Last edited:
Anyone see what tickets are selling for? good lord. $200+ for the full session. For 1 day the ticket is $100+ for anything near the 50 yard line. for me to go and bring my kid it becomes a $1000 weekend grrrrr

Albany, Denver, Duke, 'Cuse. No B1G. I actually think MD wins but I just want to see an Ierlan-Baptiste matchup so badly. 2 contrasting styles, Ierlan's lightning quick hands vs Baptiste's brute force.

Something interesting I came across today is that Ierlan played club lax for Orange Crush, not Sweetlax like the majority of his Victor teammates. The club is based in Syracuse & run by Steve Scaramuzzino (WG & SU AA & current SU volunteer assistant) & a host of other former SU players including Archer, Burns, Jackson, Palumb, & Lockwood. This makes it even more surprising that we couldn't land him. I'm thinking that we either didn't offer a full ride & Albany did or maybe he didn't want to sit behind Williams as a Frosh. His best friend, fellow Victor '16 Pat Barrow, also went to Albany. Maybe he just liked Marr & the school/program better. I guess there's no sense in speculating now.

I've watched FO guys perform this warmup/drill in person many times in the Dome. I've never seen anyone do it this fast. Wow.

Heard that the less academically inclined are usually attracted to Albany.

yeah that's as fast as i've ever seen. is there a way for me to past that video to a facebook page?

yeah that's as fast as i've ever seen. is there a way for me to past that video to a facebook page?
I'm not on FB but I'd try copying the URL (website address) & pasting it as a FB status to see if it will link. I'm sure there's others on here who could be much more helpful.

Never got a chance to watch any Towson st but I know enough to give my thoughts. They are going to be tough, just like their coach. They aren't going to pack it in if they get down, they will keep fighting and clawing. They are playing with house money, they weren't supposed to make it this far. That said, I truly think this is the weekend this team finally puts it all together and plays a complete game. Not sure why, there really haven't been any markers that show it will happen. It's just an old goalies gut feeling. For better or worse, SU will play its best game of the season Sunday.

Now the predictions:
Albany 15 Maryland 12
Ohio St 8 Duke 7
Denver 9 ND 7
Cuse 14 TSU 10

If I were wrong about all four games it wouldn't shock me at all. I have never seen a final 8 this closely matched. I truly feel if Loyola went to ND instead of OSU, they would have beaten Denver to get to final four. Instead the hounds will be in the paddocks at Pimlico.

Last edited:

I don' think it was that Syracuse couldn't land him as much as it was they just passed on him:
Once Denied, TD Ierlan Now Fueling Albany's Historic Offense

Guessing Syracuse was one of the 10 teams that passed on him. Scott Marr has a great eye for young talent - did the same thing with the Fields kid who had no D1 offers going into his junior year:
Connor Fields forever grateful

I watched this kid dominate his last two years in high school - seemed like he was 90% every game. He simply destroyed that kid from Ward Mellville in the state championship game last year. And whatever they are doing out there in Victor is working - hate to say it but that program is now the class of upstate New York.

Heard that the less academically inclined are usually attracted to Albany.
I don't know what kind of student TD Irelan is, but his I believe his younger brother (goalie) is committed to Cornell - so there must be some brains in that family. I think it does a disservice to any school to lump all kids/programs in together. As a Syracuse grad, I can tell you that there are plenty of programs that are extremely challenging (Newhouse, Maxwell) and plenty of programs (like the one I was in) that are...let's just call them less challenging. Same with most every school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom