Prediction thread: John Syracuse 88, Bruce McGill 44 | Syracusefan.com

Prediction thread: John Syracuse 88, Bruce McGill 44

Kaleb Joseph 99, Isaiah Whitehead has no grades. All courses incomplete.

McGill is a really impressive school. It has produced 134 Rhodes scholars, proved that atoms are divisble, produced the first map of the brain's motor cortex, invented Plexiglas, artificial blood and, most importantly, 3 major sports.

Bad news for Rutgers. McGill invented football, along with Harvard, in 1874. So their only claim to fame is a farce. No surprise there.

sp16.gif

They also claim to have invented hockey and basketball.

James Naismith was a McGill grad, so even though it was invented in the US, I guess you can give the McGillians some credit for this too.

They can't play basketball very well though...

Oh yeah, a prediction.

Syracuse 66, McGill 64

So you're assuming John S will take them on 1 on 5. Still, I think you're a little light. John will easily put up at least 100. Tomorrow's hot topic here: John S Gets Zero Assists, What a Ball Hog!

Reactions? TE looked smooth. He's not going to wow you at the rim, ala MCW. But this kid has poise ... and is a natural set-up guy who dictates pace. He's got a high BBIQ and seemed comfortable in the zone. MG also looked solid. Good ball handler that can also create his own shot. He had a sweet X-over and pull-up J (bang). Pretty good defense from both of them, and TC, for such an early game. Offensively, TC continues to be an enigma to himself. Everything he put up from range was short of the FIBA 3-pt line. Ugh.

Inside, DC and Rak did the best they could against constant clutch-and-grab from McGill's smaller guys. Grant and CJ are going to be house-wreckers this year offensively. We are loaded with depth all over the court, especially at forward.

One concern is that, except for CJ, I finished the game with the same question that I started with -- where's the perimeter scoring going to come from? TE can hit the open shot, but he's not a volume shooter. So far, TC picked up where he left off. Buss isn't a shooter. That leaves MG and BJ, both of whom need time to find their offensive rhthym.

Just being able to watch this team play in August is a treat. Carrier Co. needs to send a couple salesmen to McGill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom