Preliminary Fine Mess Roadie (FSU and/or Ga Tech) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Preliminary Fine Mess Roadie (FSU and/or Ga Tech)

I think all postgames should be held at a Tilted Kilt, whenever possible.
Gator is wretched. There is not enough sauce in the world to improve its taste.

Guys...we should make a decision in pretty short order (24hrs) after the schedule comes out. Motels won't be a problem in Atlanta but FSU rooms will be in tighter supply. You should book ASAP.

Guys...we should make a decision in pretty short order (24hrs) after the schedule comes out. Motels won't be a problem in Atlanta but FSU rooms will be in tighter supply. You should book ASAP.

I got 2 1/2 acres...just hook us up with some field tents...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Went to Tally this weekend to see Duke at FSU...glad we didn't end up making it to the game!! Wife had a migraine and didn't want to deal with large indoor crowd like that. So we went shopping and out for Linner (Late Lunch/Early Dinner).

We ate at Barnacle Bills (http://barnaclebills.com/). Was fairly good (will give my ranking out of five below). Mrs. AFO had the 30 Shrimp Combo (10 steamed, 10 fried, 10 grilled). She really enjoyed and said she would eat that again. I had the Skillet Supreme. This was overall good. Portion was enough to almost fill me up. The scallops, shrimp and Kielbasa (polish sausage) was good. The steak was basically steak tips cut up. The size of the steak pieces were varied, some small, some medium and one large one. The small and medium were cookd fine. However when I cut into the large piece it was completely raw. The outside was browned, but the rest was raw/red. The waitress and manager offered to fix it, but since I was done eating anyways and didn't want to wait, I politely declined. Would have been nice to have a discount on the bill instead, but no offer. Should have asked I guess, but on the other had I feel I shouldn't have to.

Anyways, the atmosphere was nice, very laid back, casual. Basically your typical oyster bar, nothing fancy. Waitress and manager were courteous enough. After talking to me the manager went back and discussed the issue with the cooks. Prices are reasonable. The price for Mrs. AFO's dish was worth it, however I thought $16.99 for mine was a bit much...a price around $12/13 would have been better for that dish.

Overall, was enjoyable and good food...so I give it out of 5:

SUballSUballSUball

We ate at Barnacle Bills (http://barnaclebills.com/). The steak was basically steak tips cut up. The size of the steak pieces were varied, some small, some medium and one large one. The small and medium were cookd fine. However when I cut into the large piece it was completely raw. The outside was browned, but the rest was raw.

Wellllllllllllll ...

Eat my raw meat and call it a treat
Said Barnacle Bill the sailor

Wellllllllllllll ...

I could add a verse, but yours was probably the cleanest. :)

* for the uninitiated, this is a reference to John Valby

This schedule absolutely blows for me to mesh up my work/personal schedule with SU's. My worst case scenario. FSU looks out for me.

The roadie will be either GaTech, NCState or MD. Might be leaning towards NCState. I should have it figured out within the next 24 hrs.

MD is a possibility for me.

Sent using my Commodore 64

MD is a possibility for me.

Yeah that is good for me too...falls over a 3 day weekend. I'll call their Box Office in the morning and inquire about a group sale. Chip said he can host us in his house/yard all weekend. Can someone bring down a smoker and the kegs?

Wouldn't be a bad idea. You own a bus? ;)

I would def be in if it was arranged. 3 day weekend and i would be sure that my wife brings her ipad!:D

Possibly in for MD...

Anyone planning on going to FSU and/or GA Tech?...we can still plan something for those of us in that area/region...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Possibly in for MD...

Anyone planning on going to FSU and/or GA Tech?...we can still plan something for those of us in that area/region...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Planning on FSU and Georgia Tech.

Planning on FSU and Georgia Tech.

I definitely will be doing FSU...not 100% on GA Tech...especially if we go to Maryland...will have to sit and play with money numbers and calendar dates to see if GT is feasible for me...

Talked to my wife...she preferred Veterans Day weekend over Columbus Day weekend (her job) so I'm going to select Maryland as the Fine Mess Roadie. Gotta keep the better half happy plus we are rolling it in with a trip to see my Mom.

Talked to my wife...she preferred Veterans Day weekend over Columbus Day weekend (her job) so I'm going to select Maryland as the Fine Mess Roadie. Gotta keep the better half happy plus we are rolling it in with a trip to see my Mom.
If anyone would like to organize a bus trip to this game....long weekend, Fine Mess tailgate...:)

You guys had me thinking FSU might be a possibility, but MD is out for me. I will be with you in spirit and will suffer with the best seat in the house instead of in the middle of Orange faithful.

I know I don't have to tell this crew to have a good time 'cause you're going to do so anyway, but I wish you well and the best of times. I'll try for next year's.