Preseason Practice... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Practice...

Yeah, I just think he wasn't good last year. And it's a big leap to be a starter on *this* team with the talent we have.

I'm not saying anything else -- I'm sure the kid put in work and all that, but he had a long haul to go. I hope he is better.

He did make some big shots. That came with a higher cost though than what he produced because of everything else he didn't do well at outside certain games /stretches. The other guys putting in the work to be better shooters who do more are without a doubt going to be right there waiting. Hopefully that has been a motivating factor for him.

Awesome. Look forward to the videos of him getting rebounds, blocking shots and manning up even more :)
That'd be nice. But its hard to deny the kids a shooter. He was more active as the season went along.

First 20 games - 29 rebounds, 3 blocks
Last 10 games - 25 rebounds, 5 blocks

No reason to expect him not to continue to improve on those numbers as a sophomore not sitting back in a zone all the time.

That'd be nice. But its hard to deny the kids a shooter. He was more active as the season went along.

First 20 games - 29 rebounds, 3 blocks
Last 10 games - 25 rebounds, 5 blocks

No reason to expect him not to continue to improve on those numbers as a sophomore not sitting back in a zone all the time.
You can rebound better in m2m

Taylor getting up in the world...
It seems we have a level of athleticism not seen (ever?) in spots 1-10.
2 deep,,,shooters, rebounders, foot speed,,... if this team can pass
with motion in the half court offense, CUSE can beat anyone.
We have had a lot more athleticism in the past. I won't get in to naming people but we had wagons in our past.

I've gotta stop saying "oooh" and "ahhhh" when I look at these pictures. My gf is starting to worry.

She will learn just as my wife does when putting thought into texting something and her beginning to wonder who that woman I'm messaging is... the her name is SyrFan and she is quite exotic joke wore out quickly

This team is super interesting, not only the new players, or THE returning player but Red finally taking over, running M2M D!!

I haven’t been this excited about a SU team for at least 8 years now. Unfortunately, I just said the same thing about my Pittsburgh Steelers just 5 weeks or so ago, so what do I know?

I love our probable starting guards, I think they both have great years Judah and JJ. I think they both shoot 35% or higher from deep. AND you have Westry/Cuffe off the bench.

I’m gonna say Bell starts the season at 3. He is gonna have to play better D and rebound though or Taylor takes that spot from him IMO. Maybe Westry gets some run here as well along with Q.

Big seasons for Benny and Brown. Love the thought of Brown getting some time at the 5 if Red wants to go small.

The 5 spot, big ? Don’t need them to be able to score a bunch. Need to rebound, play D and be freakin physical. Finish in close and score on offensive rebounds, block a bunch of shots.

I hope we press a ton, Red is gonna have a lot of options with this team. And we NEED to have a great year. Recruiting going forward, depends on this season like no other in recent memory.

Go Cuse!!

We have had a lot more athleticism in the past. I won't get in to naming people but we had wagons in our past.
really? Given the fact that JB rarely went more than 8 deep?

You know what I love about this team? It's been mentioned a hundred times, but it's versatility...we've got a solid starting 5, but 3 minutes into a game it can/will change... and then we've got versatility out the wazoo. If anyone is slacking... Westry can play 1-3, Copeland at least 1 and 3, Cuffe would probably start on a ton of teams...You feeling lazy and don't want to rebound?? You dont want to hustle?Maliq will take your minutes at the 4 or 5 in a second. Who else? Hima's not bad...remember bringing Kris Joseph off the bench? C.J. Fair...Dion? Sheeet...it almost wasn't fair lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom