Preseason Practice... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Practice...

Dude it’s a hitch..if you wanna see how to shoot a basketball we can meet up at any park in CNY. I’ll gladly show you what Janesville Dewitt and college ball taught me
The only thing that matters in shooting is making when the lights are on.

The only thing that matters in shooting is making when the lights are on.
That's true. Although, good form usually means a better chance at a good result. But, we all know guys with crappy form that sink everything.

Still a bit surprised it will be Bell over Westry, but I guess it’s not who starts but who finishes that matters. The 7 to 10 slots seems to be crazy competitive for playing time. Red’s rotations will be very interesting to watch.

Still a bit surprised it will be Bell over Westry, but I guess it’s not who starts but who finishes that matters. The 7 to 10 slots seems to be crazy competitive for playing time. Red’s rotations will be very interesting to watch.

Love having that kind of competition. Both in practice and in making the most of having an impact and helping the team win in the time out on the floor.

If that outside jump shot starts dropping consistently he becomes someone that teams can't guard 1 v 1 and will have to help or shade a defender over. With guys to make you pay dearly if you dare do so.

Judah is going to be spectacular. There’s enough shooting here with Judah, Bell and Benny to keep defenses honest.
I do think that’s our best starting lineup. I also think guys like Brown and Westry are better suited coming off the bench due to their position versatility.

But man, that shooting still scares me for the starting 5. I think Judah and JJ will be terrific off of the bounce - but I still think defenses will still dare them to shoot. Benny showed an improved stroke, but will it be enough to drag a defender out of the paint and open up space for the guards? Bell obviously is a great shooter.

Obviously there is reason to believe that JJ, Judah and Benny all will improve their shot. We’ll need it

FWIW I was told yesterday that Judah has been playing quite a bit off the ball in practice.. It sounds like Red wants to take a greater advantage of Judah's scoring ability. He will still handle the ball quite a bit, but the thought is JJ and Chance can take pressure off him here.

FWIW I was told yesterday that Judah has been playing quite a bit off the ball in practice.. It sounds like Red wants to take a greater advantage of Judah's scoring ability. He will still handle the ball quite a bit, but the thought is JJ and Chance can take pressure off him here.

Smart. Good for him to showcase in both the PG and SG roles and ability to share that space with other guards

Last edited:
I do think that’s our best starting lineup. I also think guys like Brown and Westry are better suited coming off the bench due to their position versatility.

But man, that shooting still scares me for the starting 5. I think Judah and JJ will be terrific off of the bounce - but I still think defenses will still dare them to shoot. Benny showed an improved stroke, but will it be enough to drag a defender out of the paint and open up space for the guards? Bell obviously is a great shooter.

Obviously there is reason to believe that JJ, Judah and Benny all will improve their shot. We’ll need it
Williams ended the season as the non Edwards three pointer percentage leader. He didn't shoot high volume til the end of the season, only attempting 48 all season. But his last five games both his accuracy and volume increased, where he shot 50% on three attempts per game.

I think he's going to get the green light to show what he can do out there.

On the other hand, deciding on Bell as a starter definitely leads me to believe Red and the other coaches felt more shooting was necessary. But that could just be a desire to have four shooters in the starting lineup.

It also could mean Red is concerned with Mintz or Starling's shooting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom