Preseason Predictions | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Predictions

I think the real question mark this year is the midfield, which is probably obvious to everyone on this board! This is going to take time and a lot of effort from the players and also from the coaching staff to evaluate the players correctly!

I think this is what Desko and co are concentrating on today and they will experiment throughout the scrimmages and early part of the season! This will not be easy with the sheer number of players at this position some with limited playing time from previous years and lack of evaluating time for Coaches in the fall!

The experince:
Trimboli - a lock on the first line
Simmons - has performed well in his 3 previous years and I think deserves to start but will be pushed by the below.
Lane - not seen enough vision and dodging ability from him in previous years to keep his place on the first line.
Dearth - can play both SSDM and scored some big goals on offence this year.
Romano - saw time last year and has been recovering from injury, can he show this year why he was named a UA All American this year.
O’Sullivan - also saw time last year and impressed at times, needs to step up.
Carlin - saw time last year but still a ?

Pushing for time - it really depends on if they can learn and play within the offence:
Curry - quick strong and has a great shot let’s see what this guy can do, I see him breaking into the second line mid to late season.
Dordevic - could be a first line player late in the season.
Quinn - also with his quick play and powerful shot should break into the first or second line.
Buttermore - ?

Attack/Mid - I think with mixing things up at Attack we don’t have Players settled in positions and also not allow a fourth attackman to see the field ie: Seebold and Small (I don’t want another Wisnauskas).
Bomberry - a natural attackman that may be switched to midfield
Solomon - can he play as a midfield player or does he need to be our initiator
from X.

SSDM
Dearth - if he cannot break into an offensive middie line and this is what is bets for the team.
Schwasnick - played in this role and off wing last year.
Oladunmoye - from what has been said he sounds like a lock at SSDM this year.
Lauder - could we see the quick, transition style middie play as an SSDM in his first season?

Lots of options but you can see what decisions the coaching staff are going to have to make in a short space of time. Let’s hope they develop these players but ultimately get the best players on the field as I think we have beeen guilty of playing upperclassmen too. I have sometimes in past seasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom