Presidents Cup | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Presidents Cup

As a Canadian, certainly cheering for the Internationals. But more then anything just hoping for a competitive event which usually doesn't happen in the Pres Cup... an interesting course is already checked off.

also a tweak everyone has to play twice on the first 3 days now,, cant hide guys as much

It's the other way around I believe. Before everybody had to play at least twice, this year it is only once.

International team is putting out their arses again.

International team is putting out their arses again.
our guys are playing like it's their first time playing this course while the International team are all playing like it's the course they all grew up on. Needles to say, we have work to do.

our guys are playing like it's their first time playing this course while the International team are all playing like it's the course they all grew up on. Needles to say, we have work to do.

lots of work. I don’t think there’s an American playing well tonight.

If we are to start playing the blame game, I think the issue really was the tournament in Bahamas last week, and the Brutal Trip afterwards.

And that really was an uncontrollable situation -- the US tried to use it as a bonding, but I think the travel is just showing its effects right now.

Huge comeback for the session. Was looking at a 4-1 or 5-0 session loss and being behind 8-2 or 9-1. 6 1/2 to 3 1/2 is still doable.

3.5 vs 6.5. At least our guys showed a pulse. Those putts could go a long way.

3.5 vs 6.5. At least our guys showed a pulse. Those putts could go a long way.

big Mo. have to gain back at least 1 if not 2 tomorrow. We’ll win the last day 7-5.

I think both teams sort of have positive momentum... but around 10:00 tonight, only 1 team had it. I think both teams can feel good starting tomorrow.

Ernie Els is taking the traditional pairing process over the course of a tourney and totally tossing it aside. I am sure there is a strong reason behind what he is doing but he is mixing pairs from session to session. I could be wrong but he may have used 14 different pairs now.

EDIT - 2 of the 4 pairs that Els has going played together in Day 1 so I stand corrected. One pair has to be different to get Li in. And the team of Im/Ancer is just taking 2 hot playes, So it was not that random.

Last edited:
great value now.. us was -350 to -400 and now is even money

us favored this morning, they will be favored to win that last day 2. if they come out less than 2 down after today they become the favs again.

Its not really going to matter if the Internationals keeping making long putts.

Well at least Tony Finau can make some clutch putts. He can't win by himself unfortunately.

The USA needs to go 3-1 in this next session or it’s close to over.
Down 2 won’t be that hard to comeback in singles.

The USA needs to go 3-1 in this next session or it’s close to over.
Down 2 won’t be that hard to comeback in singles.

yep. 3-1 is what’s needed. Tiger must be sore or stiff. Surprised he’s sitting out a second time.

I didnt see anyway tiger could play since he was walking around and warm up takes him 1-2 hrs normally.

he looked pretty stiff yesterday as well at the end.

Need the real DJ to show up. and make a few long putts it cant be just the internationals making the bombs

Epic choke job by Fowler and Thomas. 5 up, they then blow it and give up a 1/2 point. That 1/2 point could make all the difference tomorrow.

Still a good day overall by the US - they cut down the lead to a more manageable amount. We got an interesting match tomorrow with the US down either a point or two.

Last edited:
Need 7 1/2 - 4 1/2 tomorrow to win. 7-5 gets a tie.