pretty good day for college basketball

Lawrinson14

Master Image Editor
Outside of the Syracuse vs Miami game, we have:

Pitt @ NC state @ noon
Cinci @ memphis @ noon
St Johns @ Georgetown @ 1
Mich St @ Indiana @ 2
UConn @ SMU @ 2 (this will be a very close game)
Duke @ Notre Dame @ 4

Which leads right into NFL playoffs

Outside of the Syracuse vs Miami game, we have:

Pitt @ NC state @ noon
Cinci @ memphis @ noon
St Johns @ Georgetown @ 1
Mich St @ Indiana @ 2
UConn @ SMU @ 2 (this will be a very close game)
Duke @ Notre Dame @ 4

Which leads right into NFL playoffs
I see what you're getting at, but all of those games seem like blowouts with the exception St.John's/GTown haha.

I see what you're getting at, but all of those games seem like blowouts with the exception St.John's/GTown haha.

I don't think so. Lot's of interesting tidbits.

How will Pitt and their physical style handle being on the road in their first true ACC away game?

Can Mich st and Duke win at two of the harder venues to play at? (Indiana and Notre Dame)

Can Uconn bounce back vs a quality SMU team who will be pumped up to play the first conference game in a brand new arena?

And St Johns vs Georgetown will likely be a good game as you alluded to.

Gf is sick. So I'm looking at 12 straight hours of sitting on the couch watching sports and drinking beer. Score!

sounds a lot like heaven. Does she know to be quiet (no coughing or sniffling) when you are watching games?

What interests me at this time if year are top 25 teams going on the road in conference against inferior teams...from a fan perspective this is where expect an upset could happen.

Most top 25 teams have barely played in road. Pretty much all at home or on tame neutral courts. Now they stop in a conference mates floor who is excited for conference season and gunning foe them.

Iowa st at Texas Tech - Iowa is good but they tend to struggle on road in years past.

Michigan Sr at indiana

Oklahoma st at Kansas st

Duke at notre dame

Uconn at smu - although uconn is not really a top 25 teams, and smu is just as good.

Any day of college basketball is a good day of college basketball. I find myself floating through some of the games this year... Attempting to re teach my brain to cheer for ACC members. Last week I was cheering for duke and my son said .. Who are we cheering for and I said duke, he said daddy I thought we don't like duke. I was stuck. Then without my response he asked if duke plays Georgetown who would we cheer for? I told him no one and we would not watch the game. I guess what I am getting at is change is hard but college basketball is always good!

Some interesting lines on the games.

UConn getting 1 1/2 vs. SMU ( indicative of nationwide loss of confidence in UConn)
We are -14 1/2 vs Miami. (That is still a lot of points no matter how you cut it)
M.E.M.P.H.I.S giving 5 1/2 to Cinnci (I'll take the points) Makin' easy money pimpin... etc.
Pittsburgh giving 3 1/2 to NCState. Pitt 0-1 vs #26-50 (1 pt. loss to Cinnci) 2-0 51-100
Hoyas -6 to win starved St. Johns
Izzo giving 3 1/2 to Crean ( Oh this is tempting but I respect Tom Izzo )
Duke -5 1/2 to ND (ND 0-3 vs #1-50.) Duke losing would put more tarnish on the ACC

rocklloyd said:
sounds a lot like heaven. Does she know to be quiet (no coughing or sniffling) when you are watching games?

She's been coughing a lot so hopefully she sleeps all 12 hours!

TexanMark said:
I predict SMU beats UConn. SMU is opening up their newly renovated Arena...it is sold out. SMU will be a possible Top 25-35 team next season.

Plus uconn sux.

Some interesting lines on the games.

UConn getting 1 1/2 vs. SMU ( indicative of nationwide loss of confidence in UConn)
We are -14 1/2 vs Miami. (That is still a lot of points no matter how you cut it)
M.E.M.P.H.I.S giving 5 1/2 to Cinnci (I'll take the points) Makin' easy money pimpin... etc.
Pittsburgh giving 3 1/2 to NCState. Pitt 0-1 vs #26-50 (1 pt. loss to Cinnci) 2-0 51-100
Hoyas -6 to win starved St. Johns
Izzo giving 3 1/2 to Crean ( Oh this is tempting but I respect Tom Izzo )
Duke -5 1/2 to ND (ND 0-3 vs #1-50.) Duke losing would put more tarnish on the ACC

ND is in the ACC.

dasher said:
just like your hand usually dows

image-1075196279.jpg

ND is in the ACC.
Yes I understand that. My point is that Duke along with NC have been the flagship programs of the conference and them losing to ND (RPI 70) would reflect poorly on the conference. ND was beaten by North Dakota State.

Is Pitt/ NC ST on in NY| NJ area? I can't find it.

Yes I understand that. My point is that Duke along with NC have been the flagship programs of the conference and them losing to ND (RPI 70) would reflect poorly on the conference. ND was beaten by North Dakota State.
If Brey can right the ship and beat Duke. That will help the ACC as a whole. We need ND and FSU to get into the Top-25 or the ACC will never be considered the B-Ball conference the old Big East was. The only way they can do that (and lose to us) is to win against UNC or Duke.

If Brey can right the ship and beat Duke. That will help the ACC as a whole. We need ND and FSU to get into the Top-25 or the ACC will never be considered the B-Ball conference the old Big East was. The only way they can do that (and lose to us) is to win against UNC or Duke.

No chance in hell nd wins today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom