Pro Day | Syracusefan.com

Pro Day

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
BExn4EPCIAAeIr5.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/WkMMPOLs4z/

I think that Nassib's deep throw gets a bad wrap. His best receivers were not burners and almost never open deep. Kobena goes down and were dependent on a JUCO who has very little experience.

He's better than the perception.

I think that Nassib's deep throw gets a bad wrap. His best receivers were not burners and almost never open deep. Kobena goes down and were dependent on a JUCO who has very little experience.

You're being a bit revisionist. When the ball sails 5-10 yards over the WR's head that is usually not the WR's fault. When the WR is open by 10 yards but the ball is so underthrown that the WR has to turn into a DB to prevent an INT it is not the WR's fault. I am not being overcritical. Nassib was a very good college QB but his deep throws often left a lot to be desired.

You're being a bit revisionist. When the ball sails 5-10 yards over the WR's head that is usually not the WR's fault. When the WR is open by 10 yards but the ball is so underthrown that the WR has to turn into a DB to prevent an INT it is not the WR's fault. I am not being overcritical. Nassib was a very good college QB but his deep throws often left a lot to be desired.

I don't know how to respond to this. The guy is the all-time leading passer in a slew of categories. You just made it sound like every pass was over or under thrown. That's being a tad revisionist. I've seen every game he's played and it's a lot less black and white than your post assumes.

I'm not saying he's great at throwing the deep ball - only noting that we lacked a true deep threat most of the last 2 seasons. Lemon and Sales are possession guys. If he had the weapons Barkley had a USC this year - we wouldn't be having this discussion IMO.

For what it's worth, someone broke down every pass the draft prospects have thrown this year, and not only did Nassib throw the deep ball about the most in the group, he completed it at a higher percentage than almost everyone.

For what it's worth, someone broke down every pass the draft prospects have thrown this year, and not only did Nassib throw the deep ball about the most in the group, he completed it at a higher percentage than almost everyone.
I guess this would depend on the definition of "deep ball". Ryan can throw a 30-yarder on a rope, which is more in his wheelhouse, whereas (maybe) most other quarterback need to float those because of lack of arm strength.

And watching his tape from Pro Day, he really has great, compact form on his throws.

For the record I will be always a Nassib fan for helping bring back our program from purgatory, but he was not a good deep ball passer at all. The kid throws a frozen rope better then anyone, but when it came to airing it out he could bring down rain he threw it so high.

For comparison, only 19 teams showed up for Arizona's Pro Day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom