Program players | Syracusefan.com

Program players

GooseMutt

All Conference
First I'm glad the JT drama is finally over...disappointed but yet ok with it. We have had discussions about the impact one and done players have on our program when they leave. We have discussed Villanova s success based on program players who stay 4 years and what that does for developing their game and team chemistry. It seems like we are putting that type of team together now ( perhaps not by choice) with what I believe are some under the radar potential stars and we may add Dolejac to that list. Guard play is our Achilles right now and a transfer may be necessary this year to help. If we work hard we could add some serious talent in 2018 at the point guard position. All really is not lost in my opinion. There are still CJ Fair type players out there and that's what I really want . I want to be like Nova not Kentucky in team makeup. Go Cuse!

Washington and Moyer are program guys. I see them being solid depth and possibly starting depending on their development and starting lineup construction at some point in their 4 year careers.

Brissett is a 2 and done candidate.

Oshae is the key to this year, IMO. If he is the real deal and can lock down the 3, "assuming - fingers crossed" we get Thorpe. We might just have enough firepower to go with a deep frontcourt and make a run at the Tournament.

Washington and Moyer are program guys. I see them being solid depth and possibly starting depending on their development and starting lineup construction at some point in their 4 year careers.

Brissett is a 2 and done candidate.

Oshae is the key to this year, IMO. If he is the real deal and can lock down the 3, "assuming - fingers crossed" we get Thorpe. We might just have enough firepower to go with a deep frontcourt and make a run at the Tournament.
Hughes will be here for 3
Wouldn't mind some CJ Fair's, KJ's, Brandon Triche's, Scoop Jardine's, Rick Jackson's, Arinze Onuaku's...

Hell I'd be down for some Devo's and Paul Harris magic right now ;)
I believe the players you mentioned define who we are. Hopefully we unknowingly have more of the same but with different names.

Right now we have a hole at PG and SF. But that's not because we don't have PG's and forwards.

We are bringing back 2 sophomores who were very productive. One in the backcourt and one in the frontcourt.

We have a redshirt top 50ish forward who used his year well. That's like a top 30ish freshman.

We are bring back last year's starting PG even if he struggled mightily.

We are bringing in an under the radar top 50 forward from Canada.

We are bringing in a very solid freshman big.

We are bringing in a guard who is basketball savy and will be able to play both spots in the backcourt. Plus a transfer guard who will be able to play the 2 and 3 just not this season.

We will add another guard and forward. It's not as bad as people make out but it's an unfinished team. I agree with the OP though this class is all about setting up 18, 19, 20 for success and it will do that IMO.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom