Props to Buzz Williams | Syracusefan.com

Props to Buzz Williams

longtimefan

Hall of Fame
Post game show discussion on the Cooney not-out-of-bounds play. The talking heads explained that the play couldn't be reviewed because there had been no deflection out of bounds. Someone (Ernie Johnson?) said maybe the rule should be tweaked to cover that situation.

Buzz: "Or they should just let the baseline official make the call."

Post game show discussion on the Cooney not-out-of-bounds play. The talking heads explained that the play couldn't be reviewed because there had been no deflection out of bounds. Someone (Ernie Johnson?) said maybe the rule should be tweaked to cover that situation.

Buzz: "Or they should just let the baseline official make the call."

Buzz is awesome! His analysis of UVA double picks read-react offense to the low post was spot on. He's really good. I'm sick of Seth A-Hole Davis bone head commentary "Virginia is playing very well" moronic drivel.

I still don't understand WHY that guy made that call!! There's no way he could see if he was in bounds or not. Unbelievable. Thankfully it worked out. If it didn't, things would be really ugly right now. Incredibly bad call.

I have started to dislike Buzz like I DISLIKED(Past tense) Jamie Dixon. That usually means a good thing for said person.

Buzz is awesome! His analysis of UVA double picks read-react offense to the low post was spot on. He's really good. I'm sick of Seth A-Hole Davis bone head commentary "Virginia is playing very well" moronic drivel.
What did Buzz say about UVAs offense?

I've always felt refs like to make the foot on the line call even though sometimes it's not warranted. It's like - hey I'm on top of things and even saw the kid's foot on the line. In fact I think it happened earlier in this game (against Mal?). They never ever show replays of foot on the line calls.

What did Buzz say about UVAs offense?

Talked about how difficult they are to defend, difficult to plan for all the things they can do off the screener on the block and screener at the elbow.

I was reminded of this when I read ESPN's zone piece about Boeheim yesterday - despite the fact that we're basketball fans and much of the press are basketball analysts (or former coaches and players), 99% of what we read and hear is personal-interest fluff with a basketball connection. It's like a slap in the face when someone like Buzz actually talks about basketball. Love it.

Xxxi love Charles Barkley! He brings so much to the analysis of the game. He's like a fat bald Russel Brand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom