Props to Coach Ewing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Props to Coach Ewing

Ewing is assembling talent and that is probably the most important thing a coach can do.

Ewing can coach. His change to zone late to cool us off and change the flow nearly worked. He's doing a good job.

Didn't we shoot 7% from 3 in the first half against man and shot 50% from 3 in the second half against man and zone? If JB had made a change and had those results, he'd be getting... criticism.

Ewing is assembling talent and that is probably the most important thing a coach can do.
agree . but talent who shares the ball. very unselfish group today . well coached.

Did people see McClung’s box score #’s? I thought he was killing us - he was 6 for 16 overall, only 3 for 11 from 3 and 3 for 5 for ft’s and 2 assists. My eyes were lying thinking he was making everything when he wasn’t killing us passing constantly for buckets.

Have to wonder if his shot selection upset Ewing. Looking at his season’s stats he’s not a good shooter so I imagine that making himself the main focus of the offense irritated Ewing after McClung took 13 shots (making 5 in the first half) while Govan only had 7 shots. Mac McClung - Men's Basketball - Georgetown University Athletics

He’s a good coach who deserved an NBA shot given his playing pedigree and being a top assistant forever. He was a legit star can’t think of anyone who was that good of a player and paid their dues as a top assistant who didn’t get a shot. Still 0 for 2 vs us though at the end of the day. Sorry you can’t close Patrick.

I actually have to say that I like Ewing as a coach and hope that he has success outside of playing Syracuse. He worked hard as an assistant coach in the NBA for over 10 years before becoming a head coach at Georgetown and has a great demeanor on the side lines. I find it hard to hold actions of an 18 year old against them 35 years after the fact when you think of the crap he had to put up with. It's nitwits like Dan Hurley of UCONN that I can't stand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom