Pros and Cons of Syracuse Recruiting | Syracusefan.com

Pros and Cons of Syracuse Recruiting

great article from the A. I like they dont typically go after 1AD's and dont promise to start. Quade can go have fun elsewhere

Buddy affects 1 position and we haven’t gone after a lot of SGs lately. Buddy being here won’t effect Etiene coming or not coming.

To me our recruiting seems roughly the same since before Buddy got here. Hop leaving hurt.

Kids who worry about Buddy must not be very good. Buddy didn’t play a lot last year behind Frank and Tyus. We had no one else this year.

Lazy paragraph from Evans IMO.

Buddy affects 1 position and we haven’t gone after a lot of SGs lately. Buddy being here won’t effect Etiene coming or not coming.

To me our recruiting seems roughly the same since before Buddy got here. Hop leaving hurt.

Kids who worry about Buddy must not be very good. Buddy didn’t play a lot last year behind Frank and Tyus. We had no one else this year.

I don't think anyone thinks any player is worried about Buddy specifically...

Its not that they are worried about Buddy, its probably that they feel favoritism towards him when they see the minutes disparity and 3 guards transfer out this year, granted 2 of them were point guards. There are probably some prospects that think they are better players but won't be starting and playing fewer minutes. If that sentiment exists, its hard to recruit that position

I don't know - any kid who wants to play the 2 is going to think twice. He is not playing over Buddy.

There's nothing untrue or unreasonable in that 'article.' And even if some of the points are arguable, it's not even a matter of 'empirical fact'—it's about what a recruit thinks and if he sees a viable opening.
No incoming SG is going to be able to convince himself he's going to get more than 5-10 minutes per game until after Buddy graduates. We are 'fixed' at that position. Hope we can get a stud to come in for Buddy's Senior year, but even that's a stretch, as studs want to be one and out.

Its not that they are worried about Buddy, its probably that they feel favoritism towards him when they see the minutes disparity and 3 guards transfer out this year, granted 2 of them were point guards. There are probably some prospects that think they are better players but won't be starting and playing fewer minutes. If that sentiment exists, its hard to recruit that position
The article posted yesterday(?) about Quincy painted a pretty good picture of Buddy. Quincy made a point of saying that Buddy works harder than anyone else on the team, including Quincy. And that there's 'no favoritism by JB.' We can all argue whether that's a full picture, but it matters not. If the players believe it's all fair, recruits who visit/communicate with our players will probably get the same idea.

Our recruiting has been stagnant before buddy came here just convieniant excuse.

I want to know why we didn't recruit Karim Mane!!! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I want to know why we didn't recruit Karim Mane!!! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
And Josh Primo, a blue chipper from Toronto, Oates from Alabama is having a field day with top prospects from the province of Ontario

And Josh Primo, a blue chipper from Toronto, Oates from Alabama is having a field day with top prospects from the province of Ontario
Mane recruitment is still pretty open isn’t it? I know he visited marquette at the beginning of the year but that’s it. Saw that still wanna take visits after all this is done with but who knows how that’ll work because who knows when they even can.

Mane recruitment is still pretty open isn’t it? I know he visited marquette at the beginning of the year but that’s it. Saw that still wanna take visits after all this is done with but who knows how that’ll work because who knows when they even can.
Yes, and the other thing I noticed is it looks like the staff is going the transfer route rather than a hs prospect. Griffin and Estrada are not grad transfers and at the moment are not eligible next year. I guess JB is ok with the possibility of rolling with just 3 available guards because there is no guarantee the NCAA waives the 1 year transfer penalty when they vote in June.

Yes, and the other thing I noticed is it looks like the staff is going the transfer route rather than a hs prospect. Griffin and Estrada are not grad transfers and at the moment are not eligible next year. I guess JB is ok with the possibility of rolling with just 3 available guards because there is no guarantee the NCAA waives the 1 year transfer penalty when they vote in June.

Although speculation is part of the "fun" here, it's just too early in the process to assume that JB is or is not comfortable with the roster. I will be very surprised if there are not additions to the roster before the start of the season.

God this April fools trick is messing with my mind

The NCAA is waiving the 1 year transfer penalty. We are recruiting this guys with intent for them to play next year.

This sounds right to me. Evans is likely reporting what he's hearing from recruits rather than simply speculating. It could be a minor factor or a major one. That it's the last one he mentioned probably means that the other factors weigh more heavily.

The article posted yesterday(?) about Quincy painted a pretty good picture of Buddy. Quincy made a point of saying that Buddy works harder than anyone else on the team, including Quincy. And that there's 'no favoritism by JB.' We can all argue whether that's a full picture, but it matters not. If the players believe it's all fair, recruits who visit/communicate with our players will probably get the same idea.
No body questions his work ethic. The question is would JB bench Buddy if lets say Kadary turns out to be a better player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom