Pros and Cons of Syracuse Recruiting | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pros and Cons of Syracuse Recruiting

Yes, and the other thing I noticed is it looks like the staff is going the transfer route rather than a hs prospect. Griffin and Estrada are not grad transfers and at the moment are not eligible next year. I guess JB is ok with the possibility of rolling with just 3 available guards because there is no guarantee the NCAA waives the 1 year transfer penalty when they vote in June.

Mane is likely looking for big minutes - that may factor in as we may not be willing to give such things, but still, I wish we would go hard for a top-tier guard, Montreal, we have location in our pocket, we have Quincy...I do wonder if we kicked the tires on it at all. I mean, we have a shortage of guards - and he's a nice combo guard.

I'd love see another guard added, preferably a pt guard with quickness that can run an offense but the result I want for next year is to see a distribution of minutes between the available guards.
I think the defense is really lacking when its Joe and Buddy together, the quickness and athleticism to be a good defense is just not there with them

FYI: I didn't see a Karim Mane thread and this is the latest one I saw his name mentioned in... Ghost ;)

Last edited:
There's nothing untrue or unreasonable in that 'article.' And even if some of the points are arguable, it's not even a matter of 'empirical fact'—it's about what a recruit thinks and if he sees a viable opening.
No incoming SG is going to be able to convince himself he's going to get more than 5-10 minutes per game until after Buddy graduates. We are 'fixed' at that position. Hope we can get a stud to come in for Buddy's Senior year, but even that's a stretch, as studs want to be one and out.
We were fixed at one position when we had GMac.
People who think Buddy plays a lot because he is Buddy are wrong. He plays a lot because he is a really good shooter, and our other guards weren't very good. Washington was the best of the backups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom