Providence | Syracusefan.com

Providence

Wow! The upper crust is folding a bit. But it's early season tremors. Most of the upper crust will remain the upper crust throughout the season and be ready to go in March. I am including us in the upper crust!

Did UConn recruit Dunn? He seems like the type of player they would have wanted to continue the lineage of Kemba. I thought I remember seeing that they wanted him bad but couldn't out-recruit Providence for him.

Bilas called dunn the best pg in america during our broadcast. I know he was big time recruit. Providence had some bar luck not getting all those guys to play for one year.

just took down Zona. Or should I say, Chris Dunn just took down Zona!

They play #3 Michigan State tonight. If they win that game they absolutely should be in the Top 10.

I think Dunn and Ledo had some issues that Cooley ended up looking past, which probably kept them from landing at higher-profile schools. Seems as though Dunn made the right moves to stick around and develop. Can't say the same for Ledo. I'll always remember someone posting a highlight tape of Ledo shooting around in a park, and he airballed his first shot -- good thing he didn't end up at SU.

I liked Cooley as a coach when we we played them. Wears his heart on his sleeve and seems like a player's coach. Happy to see how far he has brought them in just a few years.

Cooley is a master recruiter. He was an assistant to Al Skinner at BC and was one of his lead recruiters when that program was top 25. Read some stuff on him, you'll love him, great story. Gotta think Cooley is a main reason Kris Dunn didn't leave for the NBA when he had a chance last year.

Kris Dunn is a great player. Complete player who can do it all. They are going to be a tough out in March.

Their best team since Pitino years.
They did lose a lot of talent from last years team (Henton, Desrosiers, Chukwu--that's the Big East's leading scorer last season and two 7 footers). Rodney Bullock has come back great from injuries/suspension though thus far.

Last edited:
Cooley has had great recruits for the past 5 years -- they have seemingly had quite a bit of difficulty with keeping them as well

I don't follow recruiting quite enough to know if many of his quality recruits were high risk. Was it high risk recruits or just bad luck?

UConn had Napier when Dunn was being recruited. We had MCW.

Dunn was incredible. Sitting as much as he did with foul trouble to then come in and play that way would have been impressive against anyone in any situation... the fact he did so against that team while flat out putting his team on his shoulders was jaw dropping. I don't care about the NBA enough anymore to grade college prospects, but he has to be up there, definitely the best PG I've seen this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom