Providence's "say" in SU/Pitt exits ... | Syracusefan.com

Providence's "say" in SU/Pitt exits ...

SU94

Starter
I wonder how much say the BE's hoops schools have on the departure dates of SU and Pitt?

As SU fans, we might hope/pray that the addition of 2-3 schools (say ECU, UCF, Temple?) would allow SU the ground cover to depart and begin life anew in the ACC.

However, not to be a wet blanket, but if you are Providence, St. John's, Marquette, GTown, Nova, etc., aren't you telling/instructing Marinatto to keep SU and Pitt around for as long as possible, as they are 2 of the BE's top 3-4 draws (for hoops)?

I'd love to be wrong.

I wonder how much say the BE's hoops schools have on the departure dates of SU and Pitt?

As SU fans, we might hope/pray that the addition of 2-3 schools (say ECU, UCF, Temple?) would allow SU the ground cover to depart and begin life anew in the ACC.

However, not to be a wet blanket, but if you are Providence, St. John's, Marquette, GTown, Nova, etc., aren't you telling/instructing Marinatto to keep SU and Pitt around for as long as possible, as they are 2 of the BE's top 3-4 draws (for hoops)?

I'd love to be wrong.

That's not a bad point.

But on the other hand, the media is going to pound and pound and pound on SU and Pitt leaving the Big East. And is the Big East as good as it was? And will these Catholic schools be able to cobble together an effective Conference?

And then there's the question of fan behavior, which these schools have to manage. UConn students pelted BC student buses with bottles at their last football games. University administrators hate, hate, hate this sort of thing.

If these schools want to "turn the page", they would be better off getting SU and Pitt out of there.

University administrators don't like conflict.

I'd love to be wrong.

There were some rumblings back when this all went down that many of the hoops schools wanted to let them out early. Reason being that the easing up of their schedule would put them in a better place for a tourney bid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom