PS: Clark's Ale House Closing Today | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

PS: Clark's Ale House Closing Today

Its worth it, they have been open since Christmas eve this past December and I have been there at least two dozen times if not more. Great selection very relaxing and no tvs though they do have a projection screen they use for SU games.

As for Wolffs try going there on an off time when its less crowded an the front is open in good weather. Totally different experience.

completely agree with your assessment on wolfs.. give me that place on a weeknight when its about 75 out and their doors open over just about anywhere else in this city for a beer.

This...I thought it was just me but the staff seemed miserable and rude.

That was my experience too. Drove me away. There are lots of pubs in town.

They treat you like we are inconveniencing them. im actually surprised it lasted this long. Bad service isn't a recipe for success. Honestly think if someone hung a few tvs in the seating side maybe toss in a band now and then, ditch most of the staff, get a good roll, and bring back the pints and the place would make it.

Yeah I still think the location is perfectly fine and the space is really unique and historic. With the new apartments going in at the State Tower Building, the Syracuse Savings Bank Building, the Amos addition and at the former Excellus building, that area is going to be booming with new residents. Definitely an opportunity for someone to be successful if they do it right.

the bottom line was that the food wasn't as good, the beer selection wasn't enough to override the food, the location was ok, and the owners weren't totally committed. clarks was an alright place in its day. the world is a competitive place and regardless of the nostalgia for the old location the bar got passed by. armory is far more competitive now than when I moved here 16 years ago. it's a freaking beef sandwich with cheese on it, let's move on folks.

If you came to the internet expecting not to be insulted, offended, or called out (and notice he wasn't talking to you directly - it's his opinion) you probably came to the wrong place.
Did you really feel the need to referee a squabble over beer? C'mon now.....we need this season to get started like yesterday.

Did you really feel the need to referee a squabble over beer? C'mon now...we need this season to get started like yesterday.
There was no 'refereeing' - you posted on an internet board. Did you expect no one to reply to you?

There was no 'refereeing' - you posted on an internet board. Did you expect no one to reply to you?
Your initial reply to me was the internet equivalent of a yellow card, it's like you called foul because I called him out for telling people to grow a pair or something.

Your initial reply to me was the internet equivalent of a yellow card, it's like you called foul because I called him out for telling people to grow a pair or something.
If that's how you want to interpret it, I can't stop you. I was responding to your post. Simple as that.

If that's how you want to interpret it, I can't stop you. I was responding to your post. Simple as that.
Just seemed odd, no worries. None of this was supposed to be taken that serious anyway, Marsh and I go at it about beer at least twice a year, it passes the time until we have real football stuff happening. Cheers.

I went to Matt's Brewing this weekend for a tour/tasting. They had a barrel aged imperial rye that was 11.5%. That's gonna get you drunker a helluva lot quicker than those corn sodas Marsh is drinking. Of course the over 8% double red called Brewer's Blood was pretty dang good too.

I went to Matt's Brewing this weekend for a tour/tasting. They had a barrel aged imperial rye that was 11.5%. That's gonna get you drunker a helluva lot quicker than those corn sodas Marsh is drinking. Of course the over 8% double red called Brewer's Blood was pretty dang good too.

Whoa! Haven't been to Utica in a while--this makes a trip sounding worthwhile! Lunch at the Chesterfield Restaurant first, of course...

Spent a lot of time at Clark's my senior year right after it opened. Too bad.